Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Much homework is needed.

Fuel
Engine management - neptune, crome, if you must then s300 ONLY if the tuner is great with it
Read on those, continue from there. If you are planning turbo, do anything that you can once. This includes fuel injectors, pump, a chipped ecu. I am unsure as to if you need a tune with the new rods and pistons, but if I had to guess it will be needed.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
so you want to run it as stock but with better internals until you go turbo? the fact that you would be boring it out to 75.5mm would be the only reason you would need a tune, if the head is still stock. boring out the motor automatically raises the compression and adds displacement which will require a lil more fuel than stock but I don't think it would be anything that would be an issue...

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
so you want to run it as stock but with better internals until you go turbo? the cact that you would be boring it out to 75.5mm would be the only reason you would need a tune, if the head is still stock. boring out the motor automatically raises the compression and adds displacement which will require a lil more fuel than stock but I don't think it would be anything that would be an issue...
As said ^

Your really just rebuilding and overboring.
It might run lean to to the displacement.
But hell people use to run GSR b18 on a stock p28 ecu for yrs lol.

But yea a mild tune would be needed with that setup.
Then another full tune when turbo goes in along with bigger injectors.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hopefully, it can just be fine with the 75.5mm bore with no tune cause I'm not really looking to spend that kinda money right now.

My plan right now is to replace with Nippon pistons and rings (Nippon is the same brand that makes the OEM head gasket).

Then, maybe in the future run a small turbo and keep it below 200 whp

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
I'll be selling my T25 soon if you want a small turbo. I'm just waiting for the body shop to finish my car. It will be complete with all water/oil hardware , wastegate actuator and low profile filter....

·
Registered
133 Posts
Dang it dude do it ONCE and do it RIGHT. Unless you have money to waste, unlike myself, then go ahead. I wish I had money to waste so I could actually do more in depth work on my car without fear if breaking something and not being able to pay for it.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah i got kids so I wanna stay stock internals (more realistic). I have read many a thread on how much stock internals can handle... so I hope mine can take maybe ~185 whp someday....

If i can thrown down $3500 someday, I would want to do a great turbo build and tune nothing held back ~380 whp and have shorter gears, LSD, stronger synchros, maybe a dog box If i had lots of extra money lol etc...

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
I have 2 kids so i know how it is.

just take your time and wait for deals. I was gathering parts for 2 years before i finally started boosting. I mainly wait for tax time and yearly bonus money from work to get the major stuff. I just put about $800 into this turbo that I got for an amp. $400 rebuild with balance, $100 compressor housing $100 waste gate actuator, new turbine housing $100 the rest on gaskets and fittings and stuff.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts