Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright so I got almost all of my stuff for my turbo install (still waiting on my WB on IC piping to arrive). What are some things I can do pre-install to cut down on the time of the actual install. The only thing I could really come up with is mount the gauges but does anyone else have any suggestions?

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
depends on if your driving the car or not. oil drain bung could be put on, but you would also have to buy a "cap" for it. if you had the i/c piping, i would say installing the cold side would cut down on some time. but one that will make for some real time saving is......

mounting the fmic. locating and fabing up brackets takes a lot of time. along with any bumper mods you may have to do.

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
^Very good idea...yeah, work on the FMIC mounting location when you have the chance. Plus, if there are ANY what we might consider small problems now with the car machanically, just expect it to get worse with boost! So troubleshoot, diagnois, and fix now...

Good luck!

·
11,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Car runs decent now. Stripped a fucking wheel stud the other day but am picking one up from the dealer tomorrow.

So I can install my 450's and just modify a stock map for the injector size?

Also since I have an Si do I have to do any wiring for the injectors (450's of course) or are they plug and play since the resistor box is already there?

You guys are right. I didn't even think about mounting the IC. I will definitely do that this weekend. And thumbs up to Autoworks for shipping brackets with the IC!

Do I have to take the dash out to install my A pillar pod? It seems that way but I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything.

Sorry if these questions are noobish but this is my first turbo install.

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
So I can install my 450's and just modify a stock map for the injector size?
yes, well thats if you have the ability to.
Also since I have an Si do I have to do any wiring for the injectors (450's of course) or are they plug and play since the resistor box is already there?
P & P
You guys are right. I didn't even think about mounting the IC. I will definitely do that this weekend.
thats why we are here
Sorry, I am a Noob.
fixed it for you :p

·
11,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yes, well thats if you have the ability to.
P & P
thats why we are here
fixed it for you :p

That's fucked up...lol.

Have the ability to install 450's?:haha:

·
11,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yah I guess I am a newb in this case...lol.

·
11,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
no, i'm just being a dick. but it really is easy.
Oh I know.

I was just concerned about the 450's and a stock map not the install of them (unless it involved wiring because I am teh suck at wiring). It makes sense that you can do that but I never thought about it before.

·
11,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
what are you using for tuning?
A rising rate FMU on a stock fuel pump..plan to run 10 psi....lol

LC-1 / turboedit

·
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER
10,488 Posts
personally some of the things I did, before the final, cars apart point of no return install was; run the feed line/tt fitting from the block to a T to the firewall for the feed line and oil pressure gauge.

install my gauges, install the 450's, mounted the intercooler and fad'ed up the charge pipes, other then that went over all the parts, esp. the small misc. stuff I was going to need a few times to make sure. If you had a extra pan you could do that too. also prep your turbo fitting, etc.

·
i shoot stuff
2,422 Posts
i decided i could wait a day or 2 so i started my install. pulled the car apart and on the day the parts were supposed to come i was ready. thats when i found out that they were backordered 3 weeks

·
11,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Well I got my gauges and IC installed today. Next is to swap in the 450's and mock IC piping.

edit: I also forgot to add that pillar pod gaug holders are fucking gay. As soon as I get this thing running decent I'm ripping that shit out of the car.

·
11,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Put my chipped PM6 in tonight and ran the line for the boost gauge inside the engine bay. I tried welding the BOV on one of my IC pipes but the hole saw I was using won't cut through the mild steel pipe and I ended up chewing up the bit. I also tried putting the 450's in but god help me I couldn't get the stock injectors out of the clips.

I really need to get an SD card for my camera and take some fucking pics I guess.

·
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER
10,488 Posts
what do you mean by you could get out the injectors. the electrical connectors wont come off? If you remove the pin from one side, then the other side hold on the wires they usually come up.

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
I tried welding the BOV on one of my IC pipes but the hole saw I was using won't cut through the mild steel pipe and I ended up chewing up the bit. I also tried putting the 450's in but god help me I couldn't get the stock injectors out of the clips.
my faith in your skills is dwindeling (sp- i know its wrong but i am tired).

1 - 20 of 34 Posts