Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted everyone to know how well moates takes care of their customers. I had an issue with my demon after a year of use. they exchanged it with no problem.

·
Registered
90 CRX Si
3,866 Posts
To second the OP, I had the same. My initial board was bad out of the box and I never knew it, thinking I was setting something up, so I shelved it for 2 years. Later decided to dig it back out and went through trouble shooting the software side with great help from HRTuning on their forum before deciding it was the board. Moates R&R'd the board asap and got me on the road.

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Moates support and warranty is awesome. I have, however, been noticing that the boards have been failing with increasing regularity. When I got two boards that randomly died on me, I attributed it to shit luck, but looking at some reports like these, it seems that there is a supply chain issue somewhere that needs to be addressed.

I'd love to run their hardware, but the prospect of international RMA isn't very exciting. So I've decided to try a Haltech on my next build instead.

·
Registered
68 Posts
It's been on the decline. I believe there was a firmware issue that caused a lock up in certain instances with the Demon 1. From what I understand the latest firmware is operating much better and the Demon 2 does not have this issue. He mentioned also building in a reset option so someone can factory reset the unit in the field by jumping a pin. If you want some specifics you can openly ask them about it, they won't hesitate to give you the current state of the hardware!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts