Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright I am looking to the pros for this one my engine builder and exospeed guys told me to run the pr4 ecu on my d16a6 with 10.5-1 comp! completely stock other wise except for the ports on intake side were matched to the manifold! That is all our rules will allow for I would do a heck of alot more if I could we did put a d16y8 tube manifold on it though! But anyways is this the route you guys would take with this I just need a ecu that will make it run right on vp110 fuel! thanks

·
Registered
89 mini me hatch
226 Posts
Alright I am looking to the pros for this one my engine builder and exospeed guys told me to run the pr4 ecu on my d16a6 with 10.5-1 comp! completely stock other wise except for the ports on intake side were matched to the manifold! That is all our rules will allow for I would do a heck of alot more if I could we did put a d16y8 tube manifold on it though! But anyways is this the route you guys would take with this I just need a ecu that will make it run right on vp110 fuel! thanks

Nope, it will run like a terd with that ecu, lower redline and youre missing a sensor that the pr4 will be hunting for. Its next to the map sensor on the obd0 integras, Look at your civic/crx map sensor on the fire wall. Its got one soleniod next to it where the integra has two. The one you dont have is a fuel regulation soleniod and youre car will run like shit with out it. I had a 91 with a LS swap in it and it ran better with the stock pm6 than it did with the pr4. Keep you pm6 and lboost the fuel pressure with a regulator. make some runs and do some plug chops, or get a air/fuel ratio gauge.

·
Registered
1990 civic 4 door LX
2,121 Posts
I run a pr4 ecu on d16a6 or sohc zc motors all the time.. reason being sometimes we can't chip an ecu or a pm6/7 isn't available all the time...

It will run decent. I bet with that compression and the pr4 having slightly advanced timing compared to a stock pm6 then it will run fine... I would try to run streetblaze100 from vp if you can. You will like it more I bet...

Unless obviously your in a racing class or something..

I would rec. Atleast soldering in a new chip. Your pr4 won't throw any codes though stock.. the extra sensor I don't think it will throw a code for. It doesn't ever for me and I tune pr4 based obd-o cars all the time... mostly sohc builds where the evap system isn't even plugged in. Like on mine that solenoid isn't even plugged in. No codes.

You won't have fun with such a low limiter unless you can mess with cam timing. I find its more fun around 7500...

·
Registered
91 CRX Si
4,454 Posts
I tried running a PR4 with my A6 once. It idled about 1500rpms and redlined at like 7K.
Since my cam made power above that, I didnt like it.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
I've ran and dyno'd a PR4 in my SOHC ZC crx, Dyno'd the exact same as the PM6 and the only gripe i had was it idled at 1500 for some reason. Other than that it ran the exact same.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts