Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
my hatch
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, well i got rid of my ls for my new-old single cam!
well i drive a '90 civic hb. converted the car and motor to obd1.
hardwired the ecu connections, using a 94 cx dizzy, obd1 dx injectors and the pr4 ecu.
i know it's going to run rich but how rich? i want to know if anybody experience anything BAD, as in funking up the motor BAD. please let me know asap!

·
Registered
ex-g (canadian)
624 Posts
i hope it an obd1 pr4 cause if it's a obd0 pr4... it won't run
and make sure you don't run a resistor box
a pr4 will run a sohc but it won't be optimal

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Might not hurt anything, but won't be running the way it should. I agree with the others, chip the ECU and use the right maps.

·
()*#$(*$
93 Legend L Coupe.
11,404 Posts
Not likely, since it will run pig rich and the timing is not very agressive. You do run the risk of dumping too much fuel into the engine and ruining the rings and the oil, but that is only in extreme cases. Please chip the ECU and put in the stock maps from the 90-91 PM6. It is really the best thing to do.

·
Registered
1990 civic 4 door LX
2,121 Posts
i ran my 1990 civic si ona pr4 for months and never had issues. also. the pr4 maps have a weak timing map and it is rich but not enough to wash the ringlands/ cylinder walls...

·
Registered
my hatch
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i ran my 1990 civic si ona pr4 for months and never had issues. also. the pr4 maps have a weak timing map and it is rich but not enough to wash the ringlands/ cylinder walls...

thank you very much.

acid beaver, thank you too!

well, i think i'll be better off with a po6 if i could get one from the yard..
both the po6 and pr4 have the same redline right? 6800rpm?

oh and does the sohc zc MAP exist? map as in fuel chip or whatever lol

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
You can use the stock P29 map and enjoy. You can chip the PR4 just like any other OBD-1 ECU and go.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts