·
Retired From Hondas
2,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
ek coupe
119 Posts
There were a few at the LS fest this year and they looked pretty damn fast. The power to weight ratio is definitely in its favor

·
セックス大好&#
'93 240sex
505 Posts
Putting a LS in my 240 soon. Working on building the motor right now. I missed that episode however :( ill have to catch it online sometime.

My car weighs about 2600lbs right now. And im shooting for 330whp on a budget setup. Ive riden in a 250hp RB25 hatch before and it was QUICK.

·
セックス大好&#
'93 240sex
505 Posts
Not like a DSO member has one running 8 sec 1/4 miles......
Drag racing is cool and I respect it. 8 sec 1/4s are fucking fast. But its just boring to me compared to other forms of motorsport. I like corners and tire smoke. However I wanted to put a sbc/auto in the mustang and take it out on the 1/4.

And you keep bringing this up every time someone says something about LSxs haha I just noticed

And OP stole my thumbs up .gif

·
Registered
ek coupe
119 Posts
A swapped 240 is cool but a swapped notch mustang sitting on a nice drag pack is cooler IMO.

·
Retired From Hondas
2,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Retired From Hondas
2,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I know you can get Northstar engines out of caddy's for cheap.

DOHC V8 FTW!

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
I watched it. Pretty nice what they did. However, the rear weight measurement was missing a few pieces that were already welded into the car. IIRC, usually a triangulated 4 link with adjustable tabs and coils like they have, weight in at about the same amount as an IRS.

·
Retired From Hondas
2,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
セックス大好&#
'93 240sex
505 Posts

DOHC V8 FTW!
No. LSx or go home lol

I didnt know you could go cheaper than an LSx to be honest. Unless you're building a gen1/2 SBC

·
D-series SoCal Division
93' dx hatchback
659 Posts
Almost anything with an LSx in it can be fast. They're very light even compared to some v6's, and the 80lb-heavier iron blocks are no heavier than most iron inline-6 engines.

Honestly I think the FC RX-7 is a better car in a lot of ways, at least once you convert it to piston power. :yes:
Horse Power LS swap in a FC RX-7.

Powerblock | Tips For Restoring Cars, Trucks | Full Episodes | Spike | Horsepower: LS RX-7 | Watch Powerblock Full Episodes at Spike.com | SPIKE

·
Registered
91 CRX Si
4,454 Posts

DOHC V8 FTW!

Those are sidewinders though aren't they? Good for Fiero or Delorean swaps.

·
セックス大好&#
'93 240sex
505 Posts

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Those are sidewinders though aren't they? Good for Fiero or Delorean swaps.
They are using them longitudinally mounted now:

The Northstar was a great engine. Making good power with less displacement due to the magic of modern cylinder heads, but unfortunately GM fanboys are scared of OHC.
Using lots of displacement to make power has worked out well so far with their modern OHV engines, but I cant imagine how much further they can push it.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts