Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1996 civic ex
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had made a thread a while back about this issue and found out that my crappy pinout that powered my various accessories had some broken and loose wires and all that jazz. Anyway, I fixed it for the time being and now the same thing is starting to happen with the new pinout I wired in. *sigh* Soo.. I was thinking of a permanent remedy to the problem and came up with this: Instead of wiring in a new pinout again, I would completely remove the male and female plugs from the end of the harness and solder the wires to their corresponding colors. I'm not at all sure if this will work, it is just something I thought of just now. So if anyone has any input on if this will work or not, post it up! (and everyone can be jelly of my amazing Microsoft paint skillz)

Attachments

·
Registered
same
1,881 Posts
Have you verified that the wires themselves aren't the culprit? I would do that first before going drastic on it.

·
Two men shy of a group
99 civic sedan ex
1,312 Posts
that will work but then you wont be able to take your door off if you ever get in an accident or something, you would have to disconnect the whole door harness and snake it through the hole to pull the door off

·
Registered
1996 civic ex
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ahh, very good point blu3. I hadn't thought about that. And yes, hoove, I am positive that it isnt the wires themselves. The wires just keep disconnecting themselves from the pinout after opening and closing the door a bit. (when they're connected everything works great) If I could of found a better looking one at the junkyard I would have grabbed it, but the one I found was the only one available. Thanks for the input guys! I will have to fiddle around with this issue a little more tomorrow when my mini me swap gets finished up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts