Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys...I have a 95 civic lx sedan...

The problem I'm having is the rear windows...they both wont go down..but the left side seems like it can go down but it just makes hella noise then a loud bang/click happens and then nothing...the right side doesn't do anything..

Should I check my fuses? I really am lost here..I'm not the most mechanically inclined person and I can barely explain the problem without sounding retarded lol...

I'd really appreciate any advice here

·
Registered
526 Posts
check that side that's makin noise and make sure nothing is broke, slappin aroung makin that noise, as for other door idk but if one is getting power I doubt its a fuse

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So I'm gonna have to take the door panel off huh? And yes it does sound like something is flapping/slapping around when I'm putting it up or down..man I just hope it's nothing major..

And it's weird because the other side doesn't do anything at all..no power to that side whatsoever..

·
Registered
98 Civic EX
3,189 Posts
The one without power will need to be tested, but first fix the side that makes all the noise

take the panel off and start testing to see what is making the noise...the regulator is a scissor type contraption that uses a gear connected to the motor. There is a pivot point that can comes loose, an aluminum rivot is used to hold it together at that point and the soft metal becomes deformed allowing the regulator to bind/separate enough to cause the skipping/slapping sound you described.

hope this helps

·
Registered
same
1,881 Posts
Don't feel bad. I'm replacing all 4 in My accord. Thank god for parts geek.

·
Two men shy of a group
99 civic sedan ex
1,312 Posts
banging could be from the regulator falling apart like stated, my girlfriends 96 lx was doing this and it ended up being was one of the track wheels was missing allowing the regulator to move out of its normal postions that it should be capable of moving.

how long have you owned this car? has the other side never worked since you have owned it, because my girlfriends car had the side with the broken regulator unplugged because they didnt want to fix the regulator

1 - 8 of 8 Posts