Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to get rid of my power steering. Causes too much of a headache for me. Is there a direct replacement manual OEM Honda rack that will fit a 1993 EG Si? If not, can someone recommend a brand/ company? I seem to know my way around brakes, suspension, etc etc., but not steering.

Thanks!

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Really? I thought it'd be a little more complicated than that. Is there a specific Honda year that would work? Trying to keep the costs down...possibly a junk yard run. If not I did find a nice quick ratio steering column to throw on there.

If I wanted to get rid of my complete power steering system: column, rack, fluid lines, etc. would that just be a major hassle or fairly easy? Thanks for the tips guys, I've been enlightened.

·
Registered
89 Posts
For me. I have a 98 civic, and the EG manual rack i used bolted to the subframe in different positions, so i need to get an EG subframe.

but if you already have an EG, just find an EG manual rack

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
For me. I have a 98 civic, and the EG manual rack i used bolted to the subframe in different positions, so i need to get an EG subframe.

but if you already have an EG, just find an EG manual rack
Didn't know they made one. Maybe on the CX. That thing came with nothing.

·
Registered
BMX bike
2,938 Posts
just remove your pump and loop the lines, it's cheaper and the PS rack has a quicker ratio.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
just remove your pump and loop the lines, it's cheaper and the PS rack has a quicker ratio.
Yeah I just read about that. Def. a cheaper solution; I worry about the rack not getting fluid though and locking. I guess you loop the IN and OUT lines, but the rack still requires some fluid. Seems like a pain.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts