Honda D Series Forum banner

61 - 65 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
Black/Green Civic HB
753 Posts
I just de powered my power rack (98'), I sealed up the high and low sides( welded shut), and the looped the two sides of the piston on the rack together. I also cleaned all the ps fluid out of the system and greased the rack/pinion gear.
I've still working on getting it on the road, but back and around the drive way and no problems so far!

·
Registered
94 Integra
1,226 Posts
It looks like the 96+ is the same single-tube design as the Integra that uses external tubing for fluid. That's basically what I was going for & hoping to hear. I still think it could be tightened up a bit more by locking the input shaft to the gear like we discussed earlier.

I just stripped my del sol vtec that used the Integra-style rack, so I'll be ripping it apart this spring.

·
Registered
93 dx + 92 lx
309 Posts
Fwiw its pretty darn easy to swap to a manual rack. I just secured it to the existing power steering rack mount by wrapping the old ps rubber around the smaller manual bushing and clamping it back in the mount. All the bolts line up and ive had zero problems including track time and 30k+ daily driven miles. Ive done at least 150 laps around the ridge motorsports park and its solid, if not 100% correct.

Reactions: drtalon123

·
Registered
93 Civic HB SI
1,169 Posts
Fwiw its pretty darn easy to swap to a manual rack. I just secured it to the existing power steering rack mount by wrapping the old ps rubber around the smaller manual bushing and clamping it back in the mount. All the bolts line up and ive had zero problems including track time and 30k+ daily driven miles. Ive done at least 150 laps around the ridge motorsports park and its solid, if not 100% correct.
Lmao same method here :)

·
Registered
6,715 Posts
The idea with keeping the power rack is the turn ratio lock to lock is shorter than manual. The double bushing solves it physically if you want the actual manual rack.

61 - 65 of 65 Posts