Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The seals on my old calipers blew so I decided to give these a shot as after the core return it came out to $52 for the front pair.

First off, they come extremely well packaged.
They came in a big box that had a smaller box wrapped with a folded up box. Inside the smaller box, they were individually boxed and in sealed bags.
They have an electrostatic red powder coat and come slightly greasy from the silicone lube that is used. All of the seals seem to be of high quality, and the piston cups look to be in pristine condition (these are rebuilt calipers).

I will update as soon as I test them out on the car!

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
Been looking at these or some stuff from EBC, please let us know before I make a grave error...no pressure.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Whoshot, I will probably install them tonight and give a performance update in the morning. :)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Installation update:

The clips for the pads did not want to stay in place because of the thickness of the powdercoat. Other than that they went on rather easily. About to go bleed the brakes then will take it for a drive and post the performance update.

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,099 Posts
red adds hp. be careful lol

·
Retired From Hondas
2,796 Posts
I suspect I have a caliper piston making a pad drag. In4moarupdates

Also, What pads do you order for these calipers?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The standard pads for your car work fine with them. Haven't been able to test them out yet as I found a coolant leak so I will be fixing that today then testing later.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Didn't think of that lol, had my car up on stands for almost 3 weeks now and just wanted it done...

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sorry, still have the car up on stands. Just ordered a head gasket kit to replace all the blown gaskets up top. Hopefully I will have it running by next weekend. Sorry for the delay!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Alright guys, finally got the damn car back on the road. I apologise for how long it took, had to have emergency surgery and recovery took almost 2 months. >.<

Anyways, I had finally gotten around to bleeding the brakes and getting it back on the ground. Turns out that the seals in my master cylinder blew out when my caliper seals did. So I replaced the MC and managed to get a little bit of air back in the system. Even with the bit of air the calipers seem to be doing a damn good job.

I give the Power Stop Performance calipers 5 stars!

·
Retired From Hondas
2,796 Posts
As well as they should, after doing some research, they are OEM calipers that are just powder coated.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Wasn't aware of that, but they were still the cheapest calipers I could find so I remain impressed lol

1 - 20 of 29 Posts