Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
'02 Civic LX Coupe
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone removed their power steering here completely or just not runnning the belt to it? If so please let me know if it gave any benefits worth the hassle.

Thanks

·
Registered
'02 Civic LX Coupe
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
??

How is this the wrong forum? I am asking this applying to 7th gen civics...I;m confused.

·
R2.....Zap Balls
94 Ex coupe
5,186 Posts
there is a thread that we were debating this a few months back. Take the belt off first and see how you like it. If you do there are ways to take it off and still keep the rack lubed

·
Registered
'02 Civic LX Coupe
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Has anyone seen or noticed a diference in performance after taking power steering out?

Thanks

·
Registered
787 Posts
barely anything noticeable..and its a real pain in the ass good luck talking on the phone/smoking a cig while driving

·
wise in the ways of the B
1,861 Posts
If you do there are ways to take it off and still keep the rack lubed
Ehh. I bought the kit from Stealthmode performance and it still isn't working right. I can't keep anyt fluid in it. It's leaking out of the hole that they said to leave open....?

barely anything noticeable..and its a real pain in the ass good luck talking on the phone/smoking a cig while driving
:werd:

·
Registered
427 Posts
i had 2 different forums up at the same time and posted what i wanted to say in the other forum in this one that is what i meant by wrong forum

·
Registered
56 Posts
couldn't a 7thgen convert to the electric like on the k-motor si?
Civic rack&pin don't really need to be powered, but do need to retain the fluid...bummer these models didn't offer a manual rack.

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
You can just loop the lines or just cap them off. The myth that the "Whole" steering mechanizim has fluid in it, is just that. A myth. There is a piston setup that moves about 2 inches back and forth that aids in the steering. I have been taking mine off for years. Without issue. The power steering bracket is pretty heavy in itself. Good luck.
Don

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.