Honda D Series Forum banner

Power Steering Tensioner question

4K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  aldousmunir 
#1 ·
Ok so I’m trying to tension the power steering pump where it needs to be and realized the car didn’t have part of the items needed to do so.
My question is what other piece do I need to complete this so it will stop squealing randomly?
Portion missing is piece that the wingnut bolt threads into on top running vertical

Any help is appreciated, all I can find is just the bolt

#6 ·
I will try to get a picture of the power steering pump to help explain, but car has a B18c in it.
Well this civic at least
Bracket is a P72 and is missing the vertical adjuster which allows it to slide back down and squeal

#8 ·
It is the P72 bracket
Which is installed and pump attached.
I have the wingnut bolt just trying to figure out what piece I need to thread it into. Appears like something is missing

#9 · (Edited)
#11 ·
on ebay, there are also a few salvage yards that regularily bag up a bunch of odds and ends. Worth sending a message to a few sellers.

maybe grab something else while you have their attention for any other oddities you may need

#16 · (Edited by Moderator)
Ok so I’m trying to tension the power steering pump where it needs to be and realized the car didn’t have part of the items needed to do so.
My question is what other piece do I need to complete this so it will stop squealing randomly?
Portion missing is piece that the wingnut bolt threads into on top running vertical

Any help is appreciated, all I can find is just the bolt
"spambot who thought it was slick, but got banned anyway."

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.