Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1998 Hatchback
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay just wondering if its possible to convert from these manual mirrors in my 98 hatch to some Power ones?? Ive been flipping the pages and pages searching but have yet to yield any results worth wild.

Common since tells me i need:
Power window switch
Wiring harness
And Mirrors

now the switch would be the easy part.. what would the mirrors and harness have to come off of i guess would be the real question.

·
I like to mouth off
658 Posts
common sense tells me you need the motors also.... they help alot.... and IMO it's too much work for something that small.... how often do you adjust your mirrors anyways.... just do a power windows changeover instead

·
Registered
A space ship
628 Posts
Are you doing windows and mirrors? If your only doing mirrors you got it right. If your doing both you will need new door panels, or something to cover up the hole from where the crank went. Any civic of the same gen will work for sure.

·
Registered
1998 Hatchback
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
common sense tells me you need the motors also.... they help alot.... and IMO it's too much work for something that small.... how often do you adjust your mirrors anyways.... just do a power windows changeover instead
motors would be included in a mirror.. :)

·
Registered
1998 Hatchback
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are you doing windows and mirrors? If your only doing mirrors you got it right. If your doing both you will need new door panels, or something to cover up the hole from where the crank went. Any civic of the same gen will work for sure.
I was thinking about windows but we will see.. Thanks man

·
Registered
A space ship
628 Posts
If you go to a junkyard and find what you want you could just pull the whole door interior part with all the switches, motors, mirrors, harnesses, etc. Probably the easiest thing to do.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts