Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've recently purchased some new wheels and bigger tires.. 205/40/17.. The wheels are from Enkei and they weigh 22lbs each.

As soon as I took off my stocks I felt an immediate difference in power.

Can anyone guess how much power I lost and if it is worth it to put the stocks back on?

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
You need to tell me how much the rims and tires you replaced the 17's weigh then you can find out power loss. the reason it feels like you lose power is the bigger rims make gearing taller cause the help increase rolling diameter, and the added weight helps increase rolling mass. you can run 17 but on a honda except nsx and s2000 should be no more than 16- maybe 17 to clear big brakes for auto x racers. you can find 13. pound rims in 16-17 but they cost $$$

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nah I havent replaced the 22lb wheels

I have 4 enkei cdr-9's wrapped in nexen n3000's 215/40/17
and the 4 stock tires w/ hubs that came with the car

but the stock wheels felt a bit faster so i was wondering how much HP I lost by putting on the bigger tire and heavier wheel..

·
Registered
449 Posts
I really dont think your losing power, only changing gearing and adding weight further away from the axle, which requires more power to turn, compared to a smaller wheel. Also a wider tire will add weight and more friction.

Those tires, most likely weigh ~20 lbs, prob a bit more. Your stock wheels and tires prob weigh around that much, maybe a bit shy. So your difference is width and weight that is further away from the axle.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts