Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm gonna call out some ppl on some help bizzar, duck, bone(transzex), and anyone that does or has done car systems and car electrical.

now my question is now the upgrading on the electrical system. now as i was getting prep for when the time comes to do my engine swap(my build N/A engin). many question comes to mind.

now i understand that OEM alternator has 75-80 amps(depending who you ask). now since i've rebuild my a6 block i want to main a good eye on it with new gauges and bells and whistles.

i've had a 135amp alternator in my old Ej1 that ran a true 1,550watts rms systems. i did notice some things when i had it installed like certain wires would get hot and so forth.

i am thinking in getting another 135 amp alternator as an upgrade, not for a system but more as a saftey net if i may say. i have been looking into dry and gel batterys. the pros and cons.(that isn't here here nor there why.)

now i know that with good power i need excellent ground. as i look at a 92-95 civic power and ground cables. i notice that the power cable looks like a 4ga and the neg cable looks like a 8ga. so here goes.

if i upgrade my alternator to 135amps, should i upgrade my wires?

and what size?

how many points of ground would be enough?

and at what part or connection points should i place them?

well i know thewre's several more questions that will arise, but till then comment away.

·
R2.....Zap Balls
94 Ex coupe
5,186 Posts
Use 4 gauge to the alternator and 4 gauge to the battery. Upgrade all the grounds under the hood to 4 gauge. Use the fac grounding spots and make sure you solder all the connectors under the hood to stop corrosion.

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks bone for the bumpo. lol. but can i add more neg lines?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts