Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
theres one for sale really cheap, i was wondering if it could support my goal of 200whp on fairly low boost....i want to get to 200whp or close, but have it on low enough boost to DD it....

just wondering if it could support it reliably

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Depends on what motor you have on a stock d16 a6/z6/zc/y8 10 psi you can see it. Low boost what you mean by that? 5psi? shit 30psi is low to me

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oops...sorry...too vauge again....

D16Z6, looking for 8-10 psi...

·
Certified O.G.
5,605 Posts
At 10psi you will probably be riding on 180-200ish.

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
check the builds threads, I know some other people have used the dsm t25 16g and 14b (smallest to biggest). And most of them have gotten 190+. But the turbo is small so after about 12-14psi they start to blow hot air lowering the power.
But do some more reading on here, and your find all the information you need. aslo what is cheap price?

·
Classic Man
16,355 Posts
most ive seen (on a D) was around 250whp from a 14b.

but i wouldnt say its going to be a turbo thats going to give you "good low boost numbers"

usually turbos that give good low boost numbers are turbos that spool up late since HP is just the result of torque over time.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
cheap to me is $125 bucks for turbo, wastegate, manifold, bov, SMIC, DSM 450s, and ARP studs...

im not too strict on the power...i just want a turbo d that will hold its own against local cars...

GSRs and V6 mustangs...lol

·
Registered
27 Posts
check the builds threads, I know some other people have used the dsm t25 14b and 16g (smallest to biggest). And most of them have gotten 190+. But the turbo is small so after about 12-14psi they start to blow hot air lowering the power.
But do some more reading on here, and your find all the information you need. aslo what is cheap price?
There, fixed your Mitsu sizing for you!:)

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
most ive seen (on a D) was around 250whp from a 14b.

but i wouldnt say its going to be a turbo thats going to give you "good low boost numbers"

usually turbos that give good low boost numbers are turbos that spool up late since HP is just the result of torque over time.

Yup yup yup. 15lbs or bust. I've been researching D builds with 14b's. I've read about anywhere from 168-253 on TD05h turbos. I think it's about perfectly sized for a DD build. QUICK spool and can breath up to stock rev limit. I haven't finished plotting the map for mine yet but it should make full boost (I think) a lil before 3500 rpms. I really need to finish plotting the map to make sure but that low enough to enjoy about 4000 rpms of boost yet high enough to stay out of it around town.

God bless the mighty D

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks good info, the guy said wastegate spring is 15 psi...thats good lol

·
Registered
18 Posts
14b will get you to your goal no problem. I still run mine after 4 years at the track on 10 lbs and still running strong . stock d16y8 .

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
14b are small. they are off of a second gen eclipse i believe. 15g would be a step up and then 16g from there. Im run a 15g on my d16z6 stock bottom and top, @ 9.5psi 193 whp. been running great for a year.

·
formerly allnaturalrex
4,639 Posts
14b are small. they are off of a second gen eclipse i believe. 15g would be a step up and then 16g from there. Im run a 15g on my d16z6 stock bottom and top, @ 9.5psi 193 whp. been running great for a year.
14b came on 1gen t25 2 gen both are similar but the 14b seems to pull a bit harder up top than the t25.

either way OP the 14b will get you what you want but boost is addicting so think about that.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Agree with previous stuff. That's actually exactly the build I'll be doing once I get some cash scraped together to buy a Z6. I am going to do the vitara build on it though, because, as said, boost is addicting and I know I'll need the stronger internals soon enough. I also am pretty conservative with engines and like having the insurance.

·
Registered
861 Posts
But the turbo is small so after about 12-14psi they start to blow hot air lowering the power.
how do you figure? they blow about 14psi into a 2l engine in the car they come from. people run 12s in dsms with them

14b came on 1gen t25 2 gen both are similar but the 14b seems to pull a bit harder up top than the t25.

either way OP the 14b will get you what you want but boost is addicting so think about that.
14b is one of the first upgrades for a 2nd gen after exhaust, hard pipes and mbc. ive experience a lot of tq from a 14b. they work fine up to 18-20 psi and that was in a dsm, so again, its more air than the same psi on a d. ive always thought this would be one of the absolute best turbos for a well-rounded street honda.

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Just because a turbo gets less efficient doesnt mean it starts "lowering power", lol
Its just not going to make as much power/psi and its going to be more likely to detonate

·
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER
10,488 Posts
If you found a compressor map you could get a 14b's max CFM and calculate the max horsepower it's capable of.

can a bone stock block take 200WHP....... others could comment on that. I would guess 200WHP would be the max on rebuild stock block. an engine with 150k+ is probably pushing it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts