Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any sense in powder coating the springs on my skunk2 coil overs, or just replace them?

You can see how al the yellow paint is coming off here:

·
Premium Member
95 civic coupe
1,358 Posts
It's rusted already maybe sand blast it first, but I would just replace it with new ones if you're really concern with the looks. I think powder coating would stick that good on a rusty springs so I'm not sure if it's all worth the trouble. Just my 2 cents

·
Registered
236 Posts
For what it would cost to get them coated you could just put that money toward a set of name brand springs. Those appear to be some Ebay specials on Skunk2 sport shocks.

·
Registered
1991 Honda CRX
3,714 Posts
I powdercoat all the time, there is certain types of powder that are more durable in those applications but colors are limited. Most springs have some kind of powdercoating because it's the easiest and most durable solution over paint. It really depends how much you want to spend, it might not be worth it to you. The cheapest solution is just to paint them, use some engine enamel and it will stay looking good for a while.

·
Registered
94 Civic Cx
393 Posts
I agree with these guys or you could look for a rubberized paint something that has some flex to it that wont crack at the first pot hole

·
Registered
EF
176 Posts
I have a set of springs for an oval track car, they are powder coated, 3 seasons old, and look like the day that they were put on. no cracking or nothing

·
Registered
del Sol si '94
2,539 Posts
Truck bedliner in a spray can works great, nice matte look.

·
Premium Member
1,952 Posts
The price of replacement springs from Skunk2 (rate of your choosing) is less than the cost to powdercoat your current ones.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Same advice I gave back in post 4 :)

Measure up the ones that are on there first. They may or may not be the same size as the sk2 ones (the sleeves and springs you have are not). I would just look around for some used Eibachs or Hypercos, you'll find a lot of them in racing forums where people are changing rates.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts