Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cant take credit for this but this post has been started in TurboD16.com but id like to find out wat ignition people are running in there y8,y7,etc...
This is my timing from street tuning and i liked to find out wat people thing..
Im currently driving a d16y7

·
Registered
248 Posts
how is that working for you? looks good... could it use a little more advance or no, what OCT. gas and hat r the A/F`s?

Here is my buddies D16y8 Built 18G turbo EK Hatch on 15psi 91oct.

LOW MAP:

HIGH MAP:

the highlighted yellow area was where the car spends most time... u want to see my Race Gas (C16) drag car map that was retired this year... SOHC ZC Built T3/T4 Blowzilla...?

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Before that tune i was using the z6 timing (like your friend) i think that my dizzy is retarding the timing by something like 2 degrees. I still need to syncronize the timing but for now i want to stay safe until the built y8 gets in. 92/93 oct. in boost my a/f is 11.1-12.0 PLX wideband. I got the y7 basemap from crome.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Im curious to see the fuel map for c16.. i dont remember how much the a/f is supposed to be (if its any different then methanol, etc..) but the timing on a built z6 with a blowzilla would be interesting

·
Registered
248 Posts
ya its pretty radial till max boost to help with spool... and as for like the A/F`s they r 13.5:1 till 2psi then 12.0:1 then as soon as the boost passes 18 and gets to the max 21-22psi it drops to 10:1... luckily i was at full boost in first gear at 8K rpm on slick so the lag into second (full throttle shifting) wasnt horrible at all was like maybe a 3 psi drop...

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
anyone got one for a built y8 block for turbo but no turbo yet? lol

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Very kool, I have a to get a clutch switch so i could use my full throttle shifting. As for civic97 i will let you have the built y8 map once i have my y8 installed and dyno tuned. Now when you say built y8 do you mean beefed up internals, sleeves and head work?

·
Registered
248 Posts
the funny thing is u r going to have a weird fuel dump before the car crosses over into boost 0 Vac. driving on a boosted map = DEATH TO GAS MILEAGE!

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What about while tuning.. the second i got out of closed loop 11.0 A/F.. then i realized that i wasted a whole tank of gas in 3 days and only went 120 miles, 12 miles per galloon..:skull:

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
As for civic97 i will let you have the built y8 map once i have my y8 installed and dyno tuned. Now when you say built y8 do you mean beefed up internals, sleeves and head work?
low comp forged pistons, head work work, springs, ret, valves. no sleeves though.

·
My sig is longer than yours
2,163 Posts
Yea, its not boosted, but the title isnt post your boosted map, is it? ;) :p

a6 bottome end wiht ls rods and pdn pistons, bone stock a6 head. i/h/e, p28
streetuned the fuel but havent had a chance to get ona dyno and play with timing

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Same here Civic97 wiseco pistons, eagle rods, crower head/cam, GT2871R at 18psi soon enough until i get a tranny that can hold to my abuse:). Let me know which turbo you will be going with. As for the y8 map im sure you can get away with either my map or the p28 map, both are a little aggressive. INH thanks for your post of your 11:1 a6 :TU:

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I used the calibration basemap for the only D series motor on hondata ( P28 ) initially and realized how much timing I was using compared to the ignition map that i posted on this thread. Then i listened to Ubertuned about upping the timing (mostly on partial throttle) so i did for the moment and the car feels strong with no signs of detonation. Ill post the map when i feel that its completely fine tuned. INH i see that you use freelog for datalogging, have you used anything else? Im using hondata, ill DL freelog and see how they compare.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts