Honda D Series Forum banner

81 - 100 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
911 Posts
Mexican BBQ wings.

Bake the wings, I do it nice and slow at 350 for 90 minutes. Then coat with the sauce.

Sauce

1/2 Tapatio Hot Sauce
3/8 BBQ sauce of your choice
1/8 Water to thin out the BBQ sauce.(optional)

Then add a tablespoon of Cayenne pepper.

The way these taste is you get a sweet BB sauce taste, then the heat from the tapatio hits you. And the Cayenne then this after that :)

Made them on Saturday with a side dish of Hot Links!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Chicken Broccoli Alfredo

Obviously a common dish but this is my version. This is my personal fav lately it makes A LOT, very cheap, and very quick to make. Highly recommended.

Prep time:5min
Cook time:15min

Serves:4 people with large sized portions/easily 5.

Roughly $8 to make. not bad

Ingredients:
2-3 chicken breasts cleand and thawed
1lb box of linguine noodles(will be using 1/2)
16oz jar of Ragu cheesy classic alredo sauce(my personal fav. ive tried others this ones the best imo)
12oz bag of frozen broccoli flowerets. 'broccolie cuts" also works. typically what i use. (will be using 1/2)
1-2 tble spn of butter
garlic salt
pepper
salt

First things first begin boiling water in a large pot to cook your noodles+broccoli in. Add a pinch of salt.

Now cut up 2-3 chicken breats into 1" cubes/stripes (2 decent sized breasts(giggity) are really all you need except i like to make 3...cuz ima skinny kid with a fat kid appetite)

By now your water should be boiling. Add HALF the box of noodles. 8oz. i break the noodles in half. ALSO add HALF the bag of frozen broccoli flowerets/cuts to the pot. 6oz.

In a large skillet melt 1-2tble spn of butter. The more chicken add the 2tble spn. once melted add chicken. cook over medium high heat. add garlic salt and pepper to your liking. stir often.

Roughly 10 min later...

Chicken is about done when most juices have cooked down and the juices are CLEAR. i like to cook a few min past this point. (You may have to remove from heat as the noodles take slightly longer to cook)

Taste test noodles and make sure theyre cooked thoughly. the broccoli will be done when the noodles are done. Drain noodles+broccoli in collender.

Once noodles+broccoli are drained i let them sit on the collender over the sink for a few. i then add the ENTIRE jar of alfredo sauce into the same pot. i put that over medium high heat to warm. takes just a min.

Then add the chicken, noodles, and broccoli to the pot and mix thoughly.

SERVE!

·
Registered
181 Posts
If you make this for people they will freak the fuck out... Seriously. I've never had anyone NOT totally spaz at how good it is... they moan and shit. I made it up myself... I used to work in a restaurant, I have a bunch of REALLY good recipes. I'm thinking of starting a "cooking technique" thread too at some point if people are interested... There is a certain level of alchemy in cooking that even trained "chefs" don't necessarily have. There are also TONS of tricks that make simple dishes taste complex or make preparation drastically easier.

Anyway... I call it Mushroom Cream Brie sauce and as you'll see in one of the pictures you can modify it slightly and make a 7 course meal out of it.

Ingredients:

2-3 packages mushrooms (don't buy pre sliced IMO) brush off the dirt with a clean dry paper towel, you should use like 3-4 full size paper towels in order to get all the mushrooms clean for slicing.

1/2-1 whole yellow onion (you can fancy it up with Vidalia onions but really any yellow onion will do (even boiling onions in a pinch)
1 shallot (or substitute 1/2 red onion)
2-3 cloves of garlic (If you do not have a garlic press (get one if you like garlic) then Smash it with a broad knife and roll the knife off of it essentially pressing it against the cutting board, you want to pulverize it, then mince)
1 tsp-1Tbsp mustard (I use either Gouldens spicey yellow, or Dijon if I'm making it for snobs, gouldens tastes better in the final product.)
couple of dashes of worchestershire sauce
Salt and pepper
Finish with Cream and Brie (you can leave the "skin" of the brie on or cut it off, doesn't really affect the flavor or consistancy at all, I prefer to shave the skin off though.)

Here you can see it cooking, The important part is to do it in layers and salt and pepper each layer bascially AS SOON as the vegetable starts to give up it's liquid.

Pre heat the pan dry over a medium flame so that it REALLY heat soaks, I use a ceramic coated cast iron pan and pre heat it for like 15 minutes over the flame dry.

Hot pan, oil and butter, or bacon fat, or bacon if you want.

Put the heat up to high as the butter/oil/fat are melting and keep it all moving around the pan to keep it from burning. With the oil/fat now hot and ABOUT to burn add the mushrooms ALL AT ONCE and toss them around in the pan to spread the oil and drop the temp of the pan.

Lower the heat to low-medium, DO NOT FREAKING TOUCH THE PAN AGAIN, Don't stir, Don't shimmy. DON'T TOUCH. It will be freaking huge, the mushrooms lose TONS of volume once they start releasing their liquid.

Once the bottom layer starts really creating a lot of moisture/steam you can toss them again to cook them all evenly. Once the layer that wasn't cooking is now also giving up it's liquid you can salt and pepper pretty heavily... but remember you're going to be adding more so don't go nuts. (The amount of cream being added absorbs TONS of salt/pepper before it become overwhelming, same for the mushrooms.)

Once the mushrooms are s&p'd you can raise the heat again as they will start giving up LOTS of liquid, let that liquid cook down pretty well and add the onions, at this point you can stir as often as you want. Same process for the onions, at the peak of liquid release s&p, once down a bit add Shallots, same thing, then garlic.

NOW... here's where you can take this base and do 5000 different things with it.

All of them involve cooking the base at a med-low temp until ALL the water/liquid has evaporated. Once that is done you can for example:

1. Deglaze with Brandy and make a KILLER Steak Au Poivre
2. Deglaze with White Whine for an amazing dipping sauce
3. Deglaze with water for a lighter flavor

After you've deglazed the pan on high heat you add the mustard, let that get dry, add the worchestershire sauce to deglaze a bit more.

On whatever step of deglazing you choose last DO NOT cook it dry, it really has to be a smooth surface all over the pan in order to encorporate the cream properly... The crux though is that the pan also NEEDS to be SUPER hot when adding the cream, if it doesn't boil on contact with the pan the sauce could break which sucks, it's not very likely on the initial cooking, but if you plan on making it in a large qtty and reheating it later it will DEFINATELY break when you reheat it if you haven't tempered the cream poperly.

What I do is turn up the heat to high on the last deglazing while the ingredients are "wet" and push them all out to the corners making a dry circle in the center of the pan. This creates a hot spot without drying out everything in the pan and making it all stick.

Pour the preferably room temperature cream into the pan when the dry hot spot is SMOKING hot. You have to do it in one even pour. It will scald the cream as it goes into the pan on the hot spot and spread it out to the sides to mix with the rest of the contents of the pan.

Keep the heat on high and stir well while ensuring to scrub any bits off the surface of the pan and into the cream... Once it hits a boil all over turn down the heat and simmer it.

How much you reduce it depends on what you're going to do with it, For dipping sauce I make it thick. For pasta sauce I make it thinner, for soup I make it super thin and you can even mix in water to really thin it out like you might with New England Clam chowder (if it's for soup cut the mushrooms in quarters down the stem instead of slicing it makes for a much nicer looking soup with lots of layered flavor in the bite size mushroom quarters)

Finished products:

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

·
Registered
30 Posts
"kilbasas"

ingredients

1) 3 pack of bell peppers red,yellow,green
2) 2 cans of crushed pineapples in heavy syrup
3) 1 bottle of worchestier(sp) sauce
4) 2 packs of smoked sausage or kilbasas lengths in the meat area with bacon and sausage

directions

section the peppers into strips then cut them into bite size squares
section the sausuge into strips then cut them into bite size squares
add all of your stuff to a pot with a lid

boil for 1.5 hours on med-high heat

enjoy !

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yaki Steaks

Things needed:

A steak of your choice.

A vaccume sealer with either vaccume bags or the marinade container.

Yoshidas teriyaki sauce from Costco.

A grill.

Grill your steak to desired temperature.

In your bag or marinade container, pour your yoshidas sauce ( make sure it is at room temperature). You want to pour enough sauce to cover your steak.

Take your steak off the grill and while it is still hot drop it into your bag or container, vaccume seal the container and let for about 5 min.

You have 2 things going on the meat is still hot so dropping it in the sauce the pores of the meat are still open so its absorbing, plus you are vaccume sealing on top of that even more absorbing.

I dropped to the floor when i too a bite; it was that darn good.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Living on my own, this is my new favorite recipie:

Baked Potatoe easy-peezy

1 Potatoe, any kind you want
Butter
Salt
Anything else you want on a baked potatoe
Microwave

Throw the potatoe in the microwave for 5 minutes on high

Flip it over and give it another 4 minutes

Cut it open and put all the goodies on it!

EASY PEEZY! :D

edit* I'm making spinach and artichoke dip ravioli from scratch this weekend, will totally do a writeup!

·
Registered
20 Posts
here is a great cheeseburger dip for parties or whatever:
1 lb ground beef

1 onion diced

2 cloves garlic minced

cook togther and blend with

15 oz jar of cheese sauce or Velveeta

1/3 cup ketchup

1/4 cup mustard

1/4 cup dill relish

1 can diced and drained tomatos (optiona

i use fritos scoops or tortilla scoops. it tastes just like a cheeseburger!

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,227 Posts
A fucking home run tonight!!!!!

Cut and paste from FB.....

‎1.75 lb pork loin seared off on all four sides for 3 minutes. Carrots/Celery/Potatoes into the crock pot with 1.5 cans of Guinness then added a quart of boiling water. Cut the pork lion in 1/2 and everyone in the pool. 5-6 hours on high and it should be ready.

4.5 hours later....

Two bowls of veggies, one container of awesome broth for later. The meat I could barely slice as it fell apart. In the one pic you can see how I seared off the pork tenderloin before putting it into the crockpot. The loin was very lean so almost no grease/fat in it. Also I did NOT peel the carrots or potatoes, just rinsed, chopped, and in the pool.

Healthy and easy, perfect!

·
Registered
1 Posts
A couple of lazy dishes cooked an even lazier way:
Ramen
•put in bowl, add water, and flavor
•drop in microwave for 2 minutes and let sit for 2 minutes
•enjoy

French toast
•drop toast in toaster :)
•add butter, cinnamon, and warmed syrup syrup
•and enjoy your lazyman french toast

Lazy quasadia
•layout tortila
•add cheese, baky bits, cut up ham (or whatever samich meat u got
•and nuke it
What can i say? You get what you put out. Some lazy easy snacks that you more than likely knew but i did actualy put together a fat list of basic foods cooked the lazy way. I will say im a frycook and griller at my restuarant and id love to share some recipes but i feel it wouldnt be proper without pictures..but if theres any oyster eaters out there i will post up baked oyster recipes

·
Registered
4 Posts
Slutty Brownies

[Ingredients]
[Brownie Layer]
10 tbsp unsalted butter
1 1/4 cups white sugar
3/4 cup cocoa powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 large eggs
1/2 cup AP flour

[Oreo Layer]
1 package of Oreo (regular stuffed or double stuffed)

[Cookie Dough Layer]
1/2 cup unsalted butter (soft)
1/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup white sugar
1 egg
1 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups AP flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

[Instructions]
1. For the Brownie layer:
In a medium sauce pan, melt the butter over medium high heat. Add the sugar and cocoa powder once the butter is melted. Whisk to combine and remove from heat. Add the salt, vanilla and eggs and continuously whisk until the eggs are combined. Add the flour and continue to mix. Set batter aside.

2. For the Cookie Dough layer:
Cream together the butter and sugars in a mixer. Add the eggs and vanilla, making sure to scrape down the sides of the mixing bowl. Add the flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder and mix on low until everything is incorporated. Fold in the chocolate chips. Set dough aside.

3. Assembly:
Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
Line the bottom of a 9x9 baking pan with tin foil and then spray the tin foil with a layer of baking spray.
Layer the cookie dough on the bottom of a 9x9 baking pan, pressing down to form the bottom
Layer as many oreos that will fit on top of the cookie dough.

Pour the brownie batter on top of the oreo layer.

Bake for 30-35 minutes. Test with a knife to see if the center is done. If the knife comes out clean, let the brownies cool before serving. If the knife comes out with batter still on it, let the brownies to bake about 5 minutes more.

Slutty-Brownies-1.jpg

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey this one is pretty simple. Since Spring is here, in the MW we like to get hammered and grill stuff but I was tired of eating lack-luster burgers so I created my own.

Get some cheap hamburger meat (73/27)
Adobo if you can find it- they have it at the mexican grocery stores
montreal steak seasoning
garlic powder
kosher salt
worchestire sauce
beer

just put the hamburger in a meat container to form the patties. Dump all the seasoning on it. Go heavy on the adobo, its like seasoning and a meat tenderizer in one. They have adobo with pepper already in it which is what i usually use. pour the beer on worchestire sauce on the hamburger and mix it with your hands really good. There should be enough liquid in the meat that it sticks to your hands more so than normal (gross, i know). Grill or George Foreman them shits. Dont smash them though, the good prat about these is that they hold the moisture from the beer inside the burgers if you don't smash them down. It took me a few times to get the seasoning right, if you mess it up it will be too damn salty for anyone. Anyways, everyone i know seems to love them. Peace.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Caeser salad

1/2 - 1 clove squished garlic
3/4 cup veg oil
1/4 tsp Worcestershire sauce
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 egg white
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
1/4 tsp black pepper
Pinch of sugar
2 tbsp anchovy paste

Blend garlic and oil in blender. Add remaining ingredients and blend again. If too thick, thin with a tbsp or 2 of water

Now be careful with the garlic... Most people can't handle a whole clove

·
Pew Pew!
3,509 Posts
Me to! Gonna have my wife make some roast beef up in this bish and serve over rice cause the damn Asian in me loves rice!

Woooo this fat guy is excited! Hahaha

·
Registered
650 Posts
CARNITAS!!

We have a couple different ways we do this. Typically:

Boston butt
Mustard
Worcestershire
Beer (preferably an amber or brown ale, but pale ale and some lagers are ok)
Chili powder (or hot sauce, or both!!)
Brown sugar (no more than a tablespoon)
Salt and pepper to taste

Again, we'll mix it up a bit, sometimes leaving out one thing, adding something else instead/extra.

Mix together all the ingredients for the sauce. Cover the butt :booty: and put it in a crock pot on low. It can go anywhere from about 8-10 hours. When it's done, remove it from the crock pot, shred the meat (coarse, or even chop it into large chunks) and put it in a large casserole dish. Drizzle with a little (about 1 tablespoon) bacon fat, and put in a 400* oven for about 20-30 min, or until the pieces start to crisp around the edges.

While the :booty: is in the oven, remove the excess fat from the cooking liquid, pour it into a large, wide pan, and simmer it on med-med hi to reduce it down (as thin or thick as you like).

Serve with corn tortillas, salsa, sliced/chopped avocado, sour cream...

We're having this tomorrow night :)

·
Registered
38 Posts
These look really good, I'll have to try a few :D I make a really good lasagna where I basically follow a certain book and change a couple things which apparently make a big difference. I'll try making it in the next few days (next paycheck) and include a couple pictures in the recipe

·
Registered
723 Posts
Well I feel like this thread/section needs more love. This recipe i usually eat about 1-3 a week (during my lunch break) although its slightly altered to my preference than is original form.. is called "jambalaya pasta" this recipe is for a SINGLE serving 1 person.... =] but can be converted to more people i just usually cook this for myself at work :double fuck:

Procedures and Ingredients needed are as followed pictures are below
Whats the bulk/main parts
- 16/20 or 31-40 COUNT shrimp 4 pcs
- half moon(cut) Andoullie Sausage
- chunks of chicken 1/2-1/4'' dice
-Papperdale noodles 4-8oz needed per serving (pasta)
-bacon ( cooked and chopped into bits) OPTIONAL something i added
- red/green bell peppers an onion mixture (1/8''dice) OPTIONAL
-diced tomatoes (1/8'' dice) OPTIONAL
*SAUCE* is a simple cream sauce
- Manufacturing cream/half n half/ milk ETC.. (either will work) those were made with HEAVY CREAM at work
-1oz butter or tablespoon(as thickener)
-pinch of salt+black pepper
-table spoon of crushed red pepper fakes OPTIONAL
- 1-5 table spoons of Blacking spice (Cajun seasoning) depending on the heat level you want.
- Pepperjack cheese OPTIONAL

COOKING TIME
A few skipped steps because i CHEATED and have all this &^%$ readily available at work but the final results can be seen in pic i you seriously wan to make this i can give u more details via pm .... this is second nature to me so a lot of context clues or minor details i might have left out sorry.

STEP:
1. Cook and cut your chicken (after fully cooled), bacon (into bits) and lastly sausages into half moons to my spec or however you like @ work we use a "Italian" seasoned chicken breast and regular thick cut bacon.
2. PAR-Cook the pasta to al dente shock them in ice bath drain and oil set aside (if using right away you may place into sauce after drained) (4-8 oz handfull?)
3. Cut your tomatoes,bell peppers and onion mixture to my specs and set aside.
4. Cooking heat 1oz of oil into a 8-10" Sautee pan. add your shrimp then chicken then sausages and begin cooking until the shrimp are nearly finished on both sides. Then add your peppers&onion mixture. Cook until everything is nearly finished. Add 8oz of heavy cream to the pan(base of sauce). add the spices and seasonings now and add grated/shredded pepperjack cheese 2oz (handfull) let the sauce reduce by 1/3 add the 1oz of butter and let it reduce future to about 2/3ish. should be a peachy color depending on how much spices you added. sauce should thick-creamy-rich and enough left to keep pasta and everything else semi covered (DO not over reduce).
5. tomatoes go on top to finish while platting. (i usually leave them off)

·
Registered
723 Posts
Boursin cheese Sundried tomato stuffed chicken breast with pesto sauce
SORRY THESE PICS ARENT MINE BUT SOUND BE SEMI HELPFUL

This one is super simple and can be added to wraps,sammies,pastas,pizza, you could also substitute/switch the pesto or tomatoes places if you know what i mean.

Items needed
-Boursin cheese and herb spread pictured below maybe 4-6 packages? so 8-12oz of the cheese.
- 2-4 oz of chopped sundried tomatoes
-4-6oz Each of boneless skinless seasoned chicken breast
-pesto sauce (basil,EVVO,parmesean cheese,shallots) or buy the spread

Procedures/cook
- pound the chicken breast until its about 1/8'' thick all around , then season
- make the cheese and sundried tomato mixture then stuff about 2oz depending on size of breast of filling into he chicken and then z'roll" the chicken over tightly long ways and then pop them in over for about 20-25 mins or so @350 degrees take out the FULLY cooked chicken (160-165 degrees temp)
- add pesto sauce over and enjoy.

81 - 100 of 129 Posts