Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not filling up at the station before the big race... A gallon of gas weighs like how much? LOL

Feel free to post you nonsense or an actual helpful method too !

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
I used a heat gun and peeled all the sound deadening out of my EK.

Along with the rear interior delete, race seat, and removal of heater core, a/c, ps and a bunch of other creature comforts I hope to be under 2k for the race season.

·
Resident Gunsmith & Duracoater
Ranger - work truck
5,467 Posts
my favorite method is to add horsepower, less work...... and ALOT more fun....

which would you rather do, bolt on a larger turbo or spend 3 days scraping tar off your floorboards....?

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts

which would you rather do, bolt on a larger turbo or spend 3 days scraping tar off your floorboards....?
or just turn the boost controller knob a few more clicks

·
Registered
1,987 Posts

I autox my EK so weight reduction is THE BEST bang for the buck. It helps with acceleration, braking, turning... everything really.

Is it loud? yup... is it faster through the turns than cars with much much more horsepower yup yup...

·
1.8 nawz powa
6,579 Posts
Hell all i have is a box to sit on, a steering wheel, and a stick to shift with.

·
Resident Gunsmith & Duracoater
Ranger - work truck
5,467 Posts
I autox my EK so weight reduction is THE BEST bang for the buck. It helps with acceleration, braking, turning... everything really.

Is it loud? yup... is it faster through the turns than cars with much much more horsepower yup yup...
and i would do the same for that appplication, not for a daily driver that may do a lil street drag.

·
1.8 nawz powa
6,579 Posts
Ive really done that with the gas, if some buddy if mine that ive lost to crossed paths well go run and they are always like, what did you do, hahaha lost weight.

·
Registered
999 Posts
I used a heat gun and peeled all the sound deadening out of my EK.

Along with the rear interior delete, race seat, and removal of heater core, a/c, ps and a bunch of other creature comforts I hope to be under 2k for the race season.

well... what class do you run.. because you might cheating from what i just read

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
Removing weight from the car randomly... like cutting panels, removing seats, ditching stuff... won't provide any good if your car is not tuned well or have enough HPs to run.

Also if you do not compensate the weight loss (which is stupidly low) to your suspension setup you are altering your car center balance...

You have a FF car... you do the math.

·
Great example of a n00b
278 Posts
go on a diet.. drop 5-10lbs..
in my case it was 20 lbs.

good for you health in the long run. if your overweight..
gain more energy. Look much better... and it cheap.
improves sex life. (btw: sex can burn up alot of calories..)

·
sub-sponsor
93 civic
5,175 Posts
my front bumpersupports gone all sound deading spare jack seats

·
Premium Member
93 cx hatch
16,375 Posts
ive lost close to 75 lbs since i was at the track last...
i usually just take out the rear seat, all sound deadening is gone, jack and spare are useless to me anyways so they are gone
my car is a cx so its light as fuck anyways
next is the boost part... cant complain about more whp

·
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER
10,488 Posts
Not finishing random jobs and having all kind of parts (bolts and shit too)missing and off my car.
Hole next to the spare for nitrous line......was going to put on nitrous
no spare cause I dont have one
resonator

1 - 20 of 46 Posts