Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanting to see what everyone's looks like. I'm have a little trouble routing my charge pipes and such, and would like to see how much everyone has trimmed off their bumpers.

Keep it simple boys...more pics the better.

·
R2.....Zap Balls
5,186 Posts
Sorry, no pics of the bumper being cut, but here's mine

without the mesh

with the mesh

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How did you keep from chopping up where the foglight is?

I have a 92-95 sedan, and my intercooler isn't even that big, and with the driver side charge pipe as close to the frame as possible, we are having to cut a bunch.

Any tips?

·
Live,love,laugh,be real
5,973 Posts
How did you keep from chopping up where the foglight is?

I have a 92-95 sedan, and my intercooler isn't even that big, and with the driver side charge pipe as close to the frame as possible, we are having to cut a bunch.

Any tips?
it looks like his tubing is actually below his fog lights...

i could be wrong, im just going by the pics...

·
Registered
1,034 Posts

you have to run the pipes lower to clear the foglight bracket. mine still needs a little mocking up to stay in place, probly end up using some U brackets to hang the intercooler lower.

·
R2.....Zap Balls
5,186 Posts
it looks like his tubing is actually below his fog lights...

i could be wrong, im just going by the pics...
yep, the pipes run underneath the fogs

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hmmm.

No matter how low I run my charge pipes, I still hit on my bumper. I have the four door bumper, and we have taken everything off the inside of it, and for some damn reason it still rubs.

Next time I'm mocking shit up I'll take pics. I'm trying to get everything worked out, as I'm supposed to be tuning on Saturday.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hmmm.

No matter how low I run my charge pipes, I still hit on my bumper. I have the four door bumper, and we have taken everything off the inside of it, and for some damn reason it still rubs.

Next time I'm mocking shit up I'll take pics. I'm trying to get everything worked out, as I'm supposed to be tuning on Saturday.
I had the exact same problem. I have a fourdoor and those bumpers hate charge pipes. ill post some pics of what i did. what size pipes you running???

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I had the exact same problem. I have a fourdoor and those bumpers hate charge pipes. ill post some pics of what i did. what size pipes you running???
I'm running 2.5 charge pipes. We had to cut a bit of the bumper...but we did it surgically...so it looks stock.

·
Premium Member
5,910 Posts
That is why. Your outlets on the intercooler are in the middle where as the other pics they are at the bottum.

·
R2.....Zap Balls
5,186 Posts
You were able to keep your core support?
yep, everything that was there before boost is there after, except the a/c, but I didn't need to take it off for the turbo. It didn't work well and I was tired of looking at it :lol:

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Very nice...

Can you get a couple more pics up? So I know exactly how you trimmed it?

I'm almost done with mine...just a little shortening of the passenger side charge pipe...and we should be set.

·
Registered
92 Posts
here are the pics... yea i know what your thinking he spent 3 hours and that looks like a half ass job, all I had to work with were a pair of tin snips,box cutter and some wood files. It sucked but got the job done. well anyway you can see i had to trim the shiz out of the bottom driverside portion to get the icpipes to fit. The one thing i hated the worst was getting rid of the mounting holes for the fogs but o well. hopefully that helps!

·
Registered
777 Posts
1 - 20 of 43 Posts