Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
formerly Kit88
6,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please post pics of your roll cage.

I got one for free, but it was on a REX, then need to figure out how to fit this on my eg.

·
formerly Kit88
6,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
need to ckeck, I can take pics tomorrow

·
formerly Kit88
6,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it is a 6 or 8 points bolt on roll cage for a crx, don´t know the brand, I´ll verify tomorrow and will take some pics

·
formerly Kit88
6,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I´m not running rear seats,

·
formerly Kit88
6,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
this is the roll cage when it was on the rex:

·
formerly Kit88
6,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
maybe some one want to trade it for an eg roll cage ???

is a 8 points autopower roll cage

·
Registered
6,837 Posts
The back legs and the side legs of the Halo would be too short. The hoop Height may be too short as well. Personally, I'd sell it as is to a 88-91 owner and buy a 92-95 cage.
If I din't already have one I'd be all over it.

·
Registered
13,322 Posts
Yeah, you'll need to pass that cage along to someone with that chassis and find one for an EG.

Thought you were Remo for a second there getting an entire cage for free! LOL

·
Friend of the D
3,069 Posts
Autopower even lists a different cage for a CRX and a hatch. If I recall correctly, their cages are not NHRA legal, although I can't remember why. I know they are SCCA and NASA legal. There's a roadracer with a CRX out there somewhere that wants that cage!

·
formerly Kit88
6,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
it is no safe or easy to mod this cage ??

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
after all the fab work, and time you put into this cage to make it fit, wouldnt be worth it.... i know someone with the summit cage, and its pretty much bolt on, and IS NHRA approved. 200 bucks, for a brand new NHRA approved weld in cage... its a pretty good deal if you can fit it, tac weld it, and have someone weld it in for you..

·
Friend of the D
3,069 Posts
after all the fab work, and time you put into this cage to make it fit, wouldnt be worth it.... i know someone with the summit cage, and its pretty much bolt on, and IS NHRA approved. 200 bucks, for a brand new NHRA approved weld in cage... its a pretty good deal if you can fit it, tac weld it, and have someone weld it in for you..
From I/0 Port Racings FAQ

Are your roll bars and cages legal for racing?
Most of our roll bars and cages meet the SCCA, NASA and IMSA rules. Many road race sanctioning bodies follow the SCCA rules or they are not as strict. Please consult your rule book. Legality will depend not only on the design of the roll bar or cage, but also on the type of tubing used. Legality will also depend upon your class!

Are your roll bars or cages NHRA legal?
No. There are many reasons why our roll bars and cages are not NHRA legal. A few are: type of tubing, size of tubing, telescopic rear braces, and size of foot pads. There are probably more reasons. If your car needs to have an NHRA legal roll bar or cage, we cannot supply you. Many import drag racing organizations will accept the Autopower roll bar or cage. Almost all organizations will allow you to have the roll bar or cage installed if your car class does not require you to have one. Please check your rule book.

Their website is:

http://www.ioportracing.com/

They list the CRX bolt in cage as a $750 item. Sell it and buy the proper weld in kit. I haven't looked around, but if the weld in kit is only $200, you could probably break even on the kit and welding considering you got the cage for free.

·
formerly Kit88
6,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
They list the CRX bolt in cage as a $750 item. Sell it and buy the proper weld in kit. I haven't looked around, but if the weld in kit is only $200, you could probably break even on the kit and welding considering you got the cage for free.

Great info, thanks.

Where can I get the weld kit???

1 - 20 of 68 Posts