Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok as of right now i have a 98 lx auto, comes with the stupid Y7. i am planning to do the Y8 mini-me in the next couple of months. I also plan on swapping in a Y8 M/T in place of my auto. I have read the how-to on doing the trans swap and read that i would lose my cruise control. well thats not cool as i drive 85 miles a day.

When i do my mini-me i planned on getting an EX engine harness to make my wiring look cleaner. Now since i plan on swaping in the m/t anyway should i go ahead and get an EX M/T engine wire harness??

Now in an attempt to keep my cruise control I had the thought of swapping my interior wire harness( the one behind the dash) with the one from a M/T car to avoid having trouble with removing the key and cruise control. Is that gonna be possible or am i still going to have to use my current interior harness and do some wire splicing?

·
Registered
1991 crx dx
221 Posts
i think most vehicles except for newer vehicles cant have cruise with manual tranny. correct me if i am wrong anybody.

·
Registered
1991 crx dx
221 Posts
thanks reckone i actually didnt know for sure i just know on most older vehicles they dont. now i know

1 - 4 of 4 Posts