Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At what point should the fan in my radiator start working? because i drove my car for about 30 min. as soon as i parked the car i popped my hood to check the fan and make sure it was working but its not, its a brand new radiator? could it be the temp. sensor maybe, it doeant seem like it would be cause the gauge in cluster works, my check engine light is not on. or does the fan spin while im driving. I need to know because my previous radiator craked and i dont want the same thing to happen to this one.

·
Registered
910 Posts
There is a thermo switch on the beck of the engine block.....they are sometimes faulty. It has two wires going to it. To check to see if your fan and fan relay/circuit is working, take the two wires off of the thermoswitch and jump the two wires, then turn the ignition to on and the fan should come on. If it does, then the thermoswitch could be causing the fan not to kick on. Try sitting at idle for a little longer to give the fan a chance to turn on. If its still not turning on, then get a new thermoswitch or you can run your own switch from the two wires.

·
Registered
338 Posts
If your car had A/C, and you got a fluidyne and removed the a/c and condensor fan... the circuit for the radiator fan is messed up and you'll just need to run some wires to it.

·
Registered
910 Posts
boostREX said:
If your car had A/C, and you got a fluidyne and removed the a/c and condensor fan... the circuit for the radiator fan is messed up and you'll just need to run some wires to it.
When i removed my a/c and condenser fan, the regular cooling fan still worked.....so im not sure on that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts