Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
CRX ECODiesel Ram
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the summer months I have noted a very small amount of coolant disappearing over time. In the past few years I have replaced all hoses in the bay, the radiator, thermostat and headgasket. But come summertime the slow disappear occurs...and I have had a slowly increasing amount of filmy residue on the windshield, especially when the car sits in the heat for a few days without being moved.

To me that sounds like possibly a small heater core leak with evaporation leaving a film on the glass above. Anyone else have this and fix it with the heater core replacement?

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
you say on the windshield, is it inside, or on the outside?

the heater hose going from the cylinder head to the thermovalve is easily the most forgotten and most common coolant leak that isnt right in your face with a dripping leak.

Look for residue under the distributor.

It likes to leak slowly enough, and directly onto the exhaust, where it gets burned off, and with old crusty exhaust, hides in all the rusty rough surfaces when it doesnt burn off right away.

No way in hell am I ever gonna do a heater core in response to a "probably" or "maybe". Too much work.

Now if I was replacing the heater hoses, and snapped or cracked the heater pipe, game on, heater core is getting replaced, no question.

AKA, leave it til the last, unless you know for sure.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts