Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Honda civic
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right so let me start out by saying hello, its been a while since i've been on here. Unfortunately my 00 ex spun a bearing, long sad story there. But I sold the shell and bought a 93 civic SI with the d16z6. Let me start by saying I love the car, it's a little rusty, a couple dings here and there and it burns oil, but overall I love the car, so lets get to the point. About two weeks ago I started having a hesitation,it didn't start on the first try, but it did start. I drove it up the road and immediately notice it would lag until around 3000 rpms, it would sound like it wanted to turn off, so I turned around. After that, I asked my girlfriend's father (he was a mechanic for 35 years) about it, and he suggested fuel starvation, and that the possible problem could be a clogged fuel filter, I saw that the fuel filter had never been changed, and being that its 21 years old I decided to change it. After I changed the filter it started up first try, but I was not able to drive it do to time restraints. Later on it wouldn't start up until the 3rd-4th try, and after I got it to start I tried driving it a short distance, it felt really rough and I tried putting my foot down and in first gear it felt like if you shifted to fifth too early and flooring it, it did that through every gear. and when I would try and downshift i'd stall. I figured maybe the injectors were clogged, (I still believe this is the issue) So I got some fuel injector cleaner, and after i put it in the gas tank, it would start then turn right off, it wouldn't stay on. Now I want to see if its just a bad injector, but the connectors on the injector do not want to come off, I feel like i'm doing something wrong trying to undo it. I'm supposed to check the resistance correct? what is the correct resistance? Anyone have any experience with this? Thanks for your time

·
Registered
94 Civic Cx
393 Posts
There are little silver clips that you have to take it off. Id personally pull the fuel rail and put little cups under each injector and turn the key and let it prime see if all are firing.

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,005 Posts
could be fuel pump or clog in the line

·
Registered
Honda civic
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There are little silver clips that you have to take it off. Id personally pull the fuel rail and put little cups under each injector and turn the key and let it prime see if all are firing.
Didn't think of that, i'll give that a shot in the morning. Thanks

·
Registered
Honda civic
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
could be fuel pump or clog in the line
Well its cranking just fine, a clog makes sense, probably somewhere inbetween the fuel filter and fuel rail... I'll take a look at that tomorrow. Anything in particular I should use to clean the fuel line?

·
Registered
ej8
6,365 Posts
Well its cranking just fine, a clog makes sense, probably somewhere inbetween the fuel filter and fuel rail... I'll take a look at that tomorrow. Anything in particular I should use to clean the fuel line?
I pulled the fuel filter and fuel pump.
Then shot compressed air in the line

is there a cel?
And u had a bad o2 sensor cause a problem like this.
Unplug it and see if it will drive better in low rpms.

·
Registered
Honda civic
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update: I believe I fixed the issue, the injectors were all gummed up, however i snapped a stud on the fuel rail, and also rounded off a bolt, can i get those studs anywhere? can I run it with two studs?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts