Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Is it possible to make you own low compression hg by using the y8 3layer gasket and removing the middle layer and replacing it with the a6 one?

Just asking if it would be safe or not,playing around with the compression calculator and says would put me at 9.6:1 instead of the 10.2:1 that I am at with the a6 one,the y8 by itself would give me 10.6:1.

·
Registered
331 Posts
just order the greddy headgasket with the metal plate in the center. it will drop compression 1/2 or a full point dont remember exactly.

O

·
0 Posts
you could also order a cometic HG from endyn. they can be built to order. Cometic has a firering designed specifically for better sealing in FI applications.

www.theoldone.com

O

·
0 Posts
car is not running yet. i'm changing out thte turbo and computer. I'm going to a BB turbo and a S300 hondata ecu. I'm going to put my networking skillz to the test and attempt to get the ecu working wirelessely desptie what hondata says. Remember they are not network engineers I am and what I can;t do I know guys that can, so heck, why not? ;) Also blue tooth works simular to usb once connected, so a bluetooth usb connector in the ecu and then the laptop may also work well. who knows, if nothing else, i'll hard mount a srewein usb cable extension into the glovebox and be done with it. ;) I might be ble to port the logging progy into windows CE to run on a handheld. that means retime logging onto a handheld device. =o

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thats kew meyn,maybe someother time.I hope you get everythinig squared away with what you trying to get accomplished,sounds sweet.

Well my car is still down too,I would have her done last nite but the crappy arp head stud snapped on me at under 49 ft/lbs,this sux.Do you think I can save the head gasket since the car hasn,t been started even though the other 9 bolts are torqed?

O

·
0 Posts
it may be ok, you will have to remove the others in the proper according to the hlems manual. then extracgint the arp may be tricky depending onwhere it broke.

if I was closer i'd help ya out, but your like an hr or more away. :/

good luck with it man it's a pain i know.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thank for the offer bro.Daym it this really sux after waitng a week to get all the parts in it all fux up in 1 day,and not even get to hear her purr.

I contacted the shop I got them from and supposed to send me a replacement set soon.May I can't bare to look at my baby just sittin there looking all pretty and can't move.
http://www.myspace.com/adrenw A few pics of her.

O

·
0 Posts
it says your a tech, what kind of tech are you? I'm a ssenior network engineer for my company. (not allowed to publically post where I work per my boss).

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I am a telephone tech,dealing dsl and standard dial tone in business and residential also dealing with minor networking. I have an electronics egineering degree and still looking for something to do that I can use all my degrees at.

Oh yeah by the way I took the head stud out yesterday and it turned out that the was the culprit that split then cross threaded bout halfway down,lukily it unscrewed withou a prob,replaced with a stock on for now.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts