Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(noob alert) if your easily angered by people not knowing as much as you turn back :yes: but a lot of people on this forum seem cool and like they know their stuff so i'll give this a shot

Just got a very clean 95 civic dx coupe with 75k miles for under 3 grand. I can't look now but I believe that means it's a D15B7?

I figure I didn't spend too much. While I know it's not going to be the fastest thing on the road, it'd be a good time to learn a little about cars and make it a little more ballsy for my own fun and knowledge. Simple budget. Not trying to go crazy spending money, but I'm not broke either so there's room for spending if necessary. Been googling and forum jumping for a few weeks also, so I'm not another idiot coming up here expecting to get all the answers handed to me.

Here's what I'm thinking so far. All suggestions are REALLY appreciated

I got a used no name cold air intake for free from a buddy with a "Power Adder" filter. Figure I'm going to remove the resonator and air box, put that on and maybe eventually swap the filter with a K&N?

I've been reading about the OBX twin loop and similar styled exhausts. I like the idea of it sounding deeper and not so whiny. But then again I'm not even sure if my car could compliment that?

From what I understand, a header like DC sports is the way to go, but is there a way to get the same thing without paying for the name?
Also I'm reading mixed feelings about 4-2-1 or 4-1 assuming that it depends on the car, so considering my simple all-motor setup, any pointers on which would be best for me?

Way after these I'm also considering cams.

comments? thoughts? part suggestions? tell me if i've got a grip on this or if i'm wasting my time. thank you thank you thank you

·
Registered
Chevy with a cummins
155 Posts
best bet is to start out with a 92-95 EX trans. the gear ratio wakes it up way more than any cold air kit or exhaust will.
my 93 dx is stock except an ex trans and I love it. cold air kit made it lose midrange torque and was too loud when getting on it. just my opinion.

·
Registered
an ej8 coupe
553 Posts
I have one and many others do. A Megan racing 421 header is a cheaper alternate than the DC header. Your not going to get huge gains going n/a with a d-series with just bolt ons. I also have an obx twinloop on my car as well. I love the sound of it and its not loud and raspy either

·
Registered
66 Posts
how about a stage one cam comp cam (you can retain stock valvetrain),intake,header,exhaust an adjustable cam gear you could do that for relatively cheap and you would definitely get good gains off it...just get it tuned

·
Registered
07 Ram Quad Cab 5.7
41 Posts
Yeah its a d15b7 cause you just bought the car i bought in feb 08. 95 dx coupe, 216000 miles for only $500 from gf dad. Alot of people deff know what they are talking about but I would spend alot of time searching. Just do google searches or search within the forum. Thats what I have been doing and I seem to find answers to what I am looking for. This forum is a great place to look.

·
Registered
22 Posts
drive it. do your research. buy a used engine to tear apart and build. in 6 months to a year you'll be finished with the build and will be able to drop in your new goodies without wasting money on ebay chit.

·
Registered
civic coupe
108 Posts
drive it. do your research. buy a used engine to tear apart and build. in 6 months to a year you'll be finished with the build and will be able to drop in your new goodies without wasting money on ebay chit.
i agree with this, do your research, sit down and find out what your goals are for the car, how much money you are willing to spend to reach your goals and base it off of that. Pay attention and look for deals on the forums as well, you can get great products that are barely used or used but in good shape. Just keep an eye out for everything and anything.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts