Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
where can i get it ported and do i have to port my throttle body and what else i need to port to need some help on this

·
El Noob
98 Civic EX/ 86 MR2
2,794 Posts
Can't help you out in location but from what Iv been reading. It is better not to port the mani to the throttle body. Works best with a step think is what I read. (Correct me if im wrong guys)

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
nothing wrong with porting the factory, but like he said, from what ive read a 4mm step is great. I have a 2mm step on mine. 60mm b16 tb, and skunk 2 pro series manifold which is 62mm

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so is better i get a 2mm step and what is this step cuz i never heard and recently wanna do shit to my ek

·
Registered
3,452 Posts
so is better i get a 2mm step and what is this step cuz i never heard and recently wanna do shit to my ek
It's an anti-reversion step that captures pressure waves traveling backward due to intake valve closing events and/or rising pistons (before intake valve closing events).

Also, for us to help you, please answer:
First things first: what is (or will be) your setup?

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
Yeah, I meant porting it was usefull if boosted. or you have a badass all motor setup.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
will i got d15b7 wanna change my mani but i heard the y8 is better than aftermarket so i bought one just wanna if there is anything i can do for better air flow before i install it

1 - 11 of 11 Posts