Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put a ported and polished z6 manifold with a gsr throttle body and a full 2 1/5 exhuast on at once and the car is pulling hard running low 15's but its smoking like crazy now?

Any answer on y its smoking bad now?

·
()*#$(*$
93 Legend L Coupe.
11,404 Posts
I'd like to give you an answer, but with a lack of information, it is largely unlikely that you will get an answer that comes close to actually meaning anything.

What engine?
What Injectors/ECU?
Other mods?
When was the last time you did a tuneup?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
P28 ecu stock. stock injectors. d16z6 motor still stock timing. stock internals and no check engine light
mods are just
>exhuast
>intake
>portmatches mani
>Gsr throttle body (brand new)
all sensors and vacum lines hooked up

·
Registered
96 hatch SIR
1,334 Posts
P28 ecu stock. stock injectors. d16z6 motor still stock timing. stock internals and no check engine light
mods are just
>exhuast
>intake
>portmatches mani
>Gsr throttle body (brand new)
all sensors and vacum lines hooked up
Off topic but wow low 15s with just that only. :?

·
Registered
98 civic
2,429 Posts
Off topic but wow low 15s with just that only. :?
:3dtard:

did u tighten down everything else when you put your intake back on?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
the car pulls strong as hell and will chirp 3rd like nothing lol its weird but the only thing running wise wrong with it is this dam smoke
xtd clutch
xtd 9 pound chromoly

·
Registered
94 civic, 90 talon
1,943 Posts
i say your leaking some coolant into the ports.
The first thing I thought was the coolant was leaking into the intake. Are you sure all the seals on the iacv and fitv are good? Like stated earlier I would also give the PCV a check, also get a wiff of what the smoke smells like.

·
Registered
94 Del Sol si
490 Posts
Check ur oil level and ur coolant level whatever is low that's what ur burning. If ur temp is going hot posibly a head gasket. If ur pcv valve is stuck open it will suck the oil into ur intake.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
is there any way to bypass the fitv. like can i just leave it with no coolant lines and just run onelong coolant hose to bypass it???

1 - 15 of 15 Posts