Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Donkey
742 Posts
................... Rolls eyes and takes deep breath

Dude, ever heard of hi speed particle abrasion? It involves sending sand like gritty particles through items (like the intake manifold or cast iron header) at high speeds. This deburrs and removes casting flash and smoothes the surface.

Its not quite as direct as using a die grinder with a slicing bit, but it is just as effective, without cutting ya parts up.

I dunno if its an Australian only thing but its not a new concept here.
And FYI: the inlet manifold can be ported and polished to some degree in your backyard. nothing is IMPOSSIBLE. Thats the way of the D-Series.

N

·
0 Posts
Photonic_Si said:
And FYI: the inlet manifold can be ported and polished to some degree in your backyard. nothing is IMPOSSIBLE. Thats the way of the D-Series.
ooooh, explain!

·
Registered
213 Posts
you can to a certain degree smoothout the plenium with a bottle brush type bore honing tool as the rod on it is long enough for you to reach the full length of the manifold

W

·
0 Posts
Photonic_Si said:
................... Rolls eyes and takes deep breath

Dude, ever heard of hi speed particle abrasion? It involves sending sand like gritty particles through items (like the intake manifold or cast iron header) at high speeds. This deburrs and removes casting flash and smoothes the surface.
Check here http://www.extrudehone.com/ I had a Toyota manifold done by them. Very nice.

T

·
0 Posts
Honestly you may want to practice on a junk d15 DX engine there practicially for free and then maybe do your own I suggest paying to get it done

·
Registered
Donkey
742 Posts
Yeah well if you want to get shafted for it do be done for you then ya, get it done. If you want to DIY, DIY!!!!! Its a piece of piss!!

And you dont need an entire 'Junk D15 DX engine' as you are only doing the IM!

·
Registered
Donkey
742 Posts
LOL! Yea it does kinda suck ass.
Yeah i actually have 2 Civics, Both EG. A Vogue Silver GLi and a White Si.

The GLi is actually my mums. It has exhaust Air intake and 16" ROH Azzuro rims, Dumped on Kings Springs. Nice car,

The Si is mine. Exhaust Air intake Iridium plugs, Red Type R style interior, 16" White Type R lookalike rims, D15B3SVTEC head, header custom made, lowered on kings also, strut bars ect, lower swaybars, quality stereo. ive tryed to make it in the same style the EK type R came standard with but as an EG.

how bout you? an Si as well i guess.. :)

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
yeah eg5 Si. d16a8 dohc non vtec.

i got:
angel eyes
cf hood
black light weight 15s with yokies.
pedders springs
2.25 cat back(soon to be replaced)
HKS filter
HKS shield
Underground Intake
Rocker cover filter
12 sub, splits, and deck
after market wheel pedals.
spoon gear knob, radiator cap
ITR oil cap
Painted rocker cover

I think thats it. not sure, i cant remember. Im getting into the engine now.
cam gears soon, new headers, TB etc. mite try to get my IM ported and polished haha lol

Did you want a d-series.org sticker?? they should be finished by today. ill post a pic tomoro or tonite. let me know

·
Registered
Donkey
742 Posts
yeah that would be good actually. cheers bro, could i have two by any chance? Mums an avid D-Deciple too ya know!!

Heh, she told me of how some dude attempted to race her in a toyota Echo last night, with as she said: "more rice than china" she said she aint had so much fun since that WRX raced her off the lights in a torrential Darwin down pour. It 4 wheel drifted off the road, up a gutter, smashing 2 chromies and t-boneing a lightpole.

Now she says she can beat Rexes. "when its raining!"

1 - 18 of 18 Posts