Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 5 of 20 Posts

· Registered
00' Honda Civic EX
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so is poppin flames out of the exhaust a sign of something bad lol? I've always thought it looked awesome and I kinda wished my car would do it and tonight me and my buddy were playing around on the interstate and he said when I passed him, it popped a couple flames out. I've been told that once before too. I just wanted to make sure that's ok. I've heard of lean popping before but Im pretty sure Im not lean lol. The leanest I get is MAYBE 12.3 and that's because Im not fully dyno tuned yet. So yea, what causes that and is it ok or bad?

· Registered
00' Honda Civic EX
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
would it be from me running rich or would it be from when you let off the gas it goes to like 18.0 a/f for just a sec during decel?

· Registered
00' Honda Civic EX
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It did the other night. I was holding it at like 4500 and then punched it and a big black cloud shot out...I guess it's just running rich. Im glad though...better than running lean!

· Registered
00' Honda Civic EX
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yea Im gonna pull my plugs tomorrow.It's got a miss every so often but I think it's from my BOV pushing on my #1 cylinder plug wires and fucking up the connection for just a sec

· Registered
00' Honda Civic EX
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
It's been doing it since I put the turbo on I guess. I've been told a while back that it did it and then again the other night. Only been boosted for like 2.5-3 months. It's probably just running rich sometimes. What makes it only do it when you shift or let off the gas? It's very interesting.

1 - 5 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.