Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
my eg8 daily
364 Posts
awesome!....hey keep a lookout for scsparkygirl...she's my neice from SC...she just traded her eg sedan for a 7th gen ex coupe.....so I steered her to this board so it's good to see a place for 7th gen's!

·
i am the walrus.
Civic hatch
1,935 Posts
Yeah, I hope the site keeps the same quality it has, while helping others. I think the 7th gen section is a great idea, as do the other mods here.

freeturkeys deserves the respect for getting it started. The idea was there, but freeturkeys sparked it in a big way. Thanks. ;)

Q

·
0 Posts
I saw a post on honda tech about 4 months ago. That you can put a d17 crank and rods in a y8 block. I dont know that pistons you use, and think they said u use a d17 oil pump. I looked for the post again no luck.

lets talk about this

Q

·
0 Posts
But gain a 100cc by stroke. That would increse piston speed at high revs, witch is bad anuf in a d16 as it is. The new civics dont revs as high the old ones, but have better low end.

Q

·
0 Posts
Rexinre ever been to rddyno.com and seen there 2.0L d short blocks? Damn thats alot of $$$$$$$$$

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
quickclutch said:
I saw a post on honda tech about 4 months ago. That you can put a d17 crank and rods in a y8 block. I dont know that pistons you use, and think they said u use a d17 oil pump. I looked for the post again no luck.

lets talk about this
found it
http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=711756 d17 stroker motor.
and rexinre ownz for popping this forum's cherry

·
Premium Member
Civic turbo Hx/Ex
18,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I took the wife's car for a spin and it redlines at 6800 RPM's which isn't that much of a difference between the 16's and 17's. I am sure you can redline it at 7000 with out any problems. The only thing is the rods on the D17 is weeker then the D16's rods, and that is bad. Does anyone know if you can get aftermarket rods for a D17 yet?

P

·
0 Posts
yes, a company called KMS development sells them. I dont know thier website, but they sell honda tuning parts, evryone here should check them out.

D

·
0 Posts
^^kms is cool but not for 7thgen there set ups are made more for FI apps then N/A for our car at least.

they came out with a intake mani for our car, but lost power in N/A apps. and only made so much on FI apps.

there are other companys that are starting to do internals for our car so be on the look out.

in 5spd you can rev all the way up 7.200 then it cuts.

P

·
0 Posts
yeah, I guess I should say, I wouldnt reccomend some of thier stuff, but thier internalls (valve springs, retainers, rods, ect.) I have heard good things about, or you could just go get some speced by crower.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts