Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been searching for what could be the problem only issue is, its hard to know if i have the same noise as another through a description. so i made a video.
Any suggestions of what i should be looking for will be helpful.
So I had the transmission replaced in the last 2 month due to bad ISB and this current trans ran fine. I recently replaced my front lca bushings w poly (not upper) about 2 weeks ago I have also replaced the motor less than a week ago.
thing is i cant remember if i had the sound before the bushing swap.
I finally will have a day off tomorrow so i can look under the car and visually inspect components. i just need guidance on what to check.

So. When i apply a certain amount of pressure to the gas pedal (light) i hear a thump. it happens when i press the gas and when i take it out at a certain pace. I believe to be on the passenger side. i cannot make the noise in neutral. it is most noticable to me when backing up on an incline (my driveway) i have checked LCA bushing and they are all tight. Rocked the passenger wheel to check for play in the wheel hub, it is tight. Motor mounts are solid, no engine movement.

Noise occurs at :29 :51 1:04 & 1:32
http://youtu.be/Ca0ATK-_uO8

·
Meat Popsicle
91 CRX Si
2,939 Posts
I know there's a TSB for certain MY civics for an issue with the way the floor panel fits together with another body piece...causes a popping under certain conditions.

Anyone have the specifics? I know it's been covered here before..

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,477 Posts
engine mounts?

·
Registered
Integra
390 Posts
i agree with slo if you replaced your tranny and engine it sounds like a mount issue.
from my personal experience i had bolts rip out of rear tranny mount and it would shake so violently it would pop me out of gear...

the only other time i had similar issues was a broken radius rod on my crx but i would feel the car actually pull to one side or the other and the tire could be wiggled with little effort. good thing i fixed that quick

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Last time I checked my mounts were good but ill recheck them n make sure they're tight.
I'll research on how to check the radius rod n see if thats it
Any other suggestions would be helpful.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Idk guys. Checked all control arm bolts, checked for play in the wheel hubs, checked the fairly new axles, check steering components. Everything checks out good

·
Registered
90 Posts
Having the same issue with my car, sounds like balljoint up and down movement but they seem tight. Hit my subframe bolts with a breaker bar and got some turns on most of them, and the noise seemed to stop. A week later it was back.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts