Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. I bought my civic about a month ago. It was rigged with a push button start, that was ran all crazy through the engine bay and the button was just laying on the floor by the seat. When I bought it I figured I would just take it out and be good to go. I guess I am missing something. I took it out and put in the new battery and was hoping for it to start. No luck there. I heard a click when I tried to start it but that's all I got. I threw that button back in and wired it just like how it was wired to take pics and see if anyone could help me. Also, theres a wire that is broken and just hanging by where the orange ones for the push button were. I'm not to sure what it is. I've searched every where on line and went front to back many times through my Haynes manual trying to figure this out. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
The way it's hooked up in the pics,no way that would work. I might be missing some thing. How I think it was hooked up was one wire from the switch to the stud on the starter and the other wire to the spade terminal on the stater.

My guess is to way it was wired with a push button is either the ignition switch is bad or the starter solenoid wire is bad.

I all so see that the fan switch is jumped.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I'm going to replace both pieces and see if that will do anything. When you say the fanswitch is jumped, what do you mean? I got the car for really cheap and planned on rebuilding it all anyway.

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
Your 3rd pic,see the gray plug with the red wire? That's the fan switch and the wire should not be there,it should be plugged into the denser right next to it.

If/when you plug it into the sensor make sure the rad fan turns on when the engine is at op temp

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
I forgot to add in my first post that the starter relay all so could be bad and that's could be another reason for the push button. It could all so be some one wanted to be cool.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts