Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 279 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Civic Si
2,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So my girlfriends D16z6 is on its last leg, her del sol has had soo many problems, and there all fixed aside from her dumpy ass motor with 250k + miles on it. I did a headgasket timing belt, clutch, flywheel, headswap, new valve guides. . . to no avail, its a bag of ass, so I have decided to be a great boy friend and build her a mild N/A engine until I can k-swap it for her like she wants. F-the stock boar im going oversized to make sure everything is sealing properly and no more MADD VTECH YOoo blue cloud of doom.

Parts list: HAS CHANGED SINCE THREAD WAS CREATED!!!!
D15b7 Short Block (under construction)(getting board over 1mm)
D16z6 Head (will rebuild before installing)
Bisi level 2 camshaft
Bisi springs / retainers
Bisi cam gear
D15b7 pistons (new)
D15b7 rod's
ARP rod bolts
ARP head studs (use z6 studs?)
cometic head gasket (might go a bit thicker than stock)

What I need:
1. Reliability
2. Little bit of power gain (id like to see 100-110 right now it feels like 25whp)
3. Has to run on cheep ass pump gas since the prices are astronomical at the moment. (so no super high compression)

dose this sound like its do-able, and what should I take note of? yes ive built engines before, and yes I know this is kind of a scab for the moment, and yes I "could" spend more money and trick it out, but the bottom line is it just has to run reliable, and still be fun to drive :TU:

all insight and views is appreciated and welcome, post away will any thoughts or ideas.

·
Registered
A space ship
628 Posts
d16 rods wont fit on a d15 crank. d16 rod/crank wont fit in a d15 block. 1mm over is excessive, bring it to a machine shop and tell them what you want. ARPs are not needed for that build IMO. since it sounds like you wont have this engine in there for long I would just buy cheap pistons, no need for p29s. You will also need a p28 ecu and harness (but you already knew that). Stock b7/z6 mini me will produce noticeable gains. Get it tuned for the reliability part.

·
Registered
2005 Civic Si
2,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
d16 rods wont fit on a d15 crank. d16 rod/crank wont fit in a d15 block. 1mm over is excessive, bring it to a machine shop and tell them what you want. ARPs are not needed for that build IMO. since it sounds like you wont have this engine in there for long I would just buy cheap pistons, no need for p29s. You will also need a p28 ecu and harness (but you already knew that). Stock b7/z6 mini me will produce noticeable gains. Get it tuned for the reliability part.
she has a z6 in her del sol at the moment. so none of the harness madness needs to be an issue, also this engine will be in for about a year, and she is missing out on alot of autoX (what her car is set-up for) so I would like to make some power with it. p29's will be fine on d15 rods correct?

·
Registered
A space ship
628 Posts
the stroke will be too long. p29s will work on the d15 rods. if your swaping engines anyway i would go with a d16 block. id throw a cam at it too if you want more power.

·
Registered
73 Posts
the stroke will be too long. p29s will work on the d15 rods. if your swaping engines anyway i would go with a d16 block. id throw a cam at it too if you want more power.
I agree with him. Im right now in the process of doing a b2/z6 mini me with dpfi to obd1 mpfi conversion. Just waiting on the parts I ordered to get here. And a break from school.

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
p29's bump your comp up like .5 but its something. the 1mm o/b is a bit much, id stick to .5mm. other than that everything sounds great

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,237 Posts
I don't like the idea of the piston sitting further in the hole with a dome, it works, but not to full potential.

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
Thats your best bet there

1 - 20 of 279 Posts