Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering what is the best thing i can get 4 under 200$ that would make my 01 lx civic added horses
thanks

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya i got an intake..the v2...that and pulleys...but im looking for cam gears...got any tips or ideas...thanks man

·
Banned
3,428 Posts
If you want quick power under 200...spray it...
and if its an auto even easier...

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
na..ima lil ify on sprayin....what else you guys think i should do..thanks for the tips

·
Registered
98 Civic EX
3,189 Posts
the AEM CAI, is about 170 shipped, look around, it's out there for that. another idea would be a vafc controller, have to find a used one for that. haven't done much research on this, but as an idea look for some piggy back systems for the ECU and see how they work with it to produce horsepower, you might find something that way (but be careful, lots of cheap gimmiks that are bullshit, and will screw you in the end)

start with this, and look around.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
whats the vafc do...and how much do u think the piggy back and the vafc would b thanks cusom junky...u been alot of help....

·
Registered
29 Posts
if you've got an lx then just get the safc2 no reason to get vafc if you dont have vtec, and for 200 you can easily get i/h off ebay. vafc lets you fine tune air/fuel ratio, and lets you change vetc chnageover points. For our years it seems like messing with vtec is a no no anyways.

·
Registered
98 Civic EX
3,189 Posts
the vafc does exactly what jspek just said. and i was dumb and forgot you don't have vtec. so a safc is what you would need, if you want it. otherwise the piggy backs (and the safc, vafc, etc. are piggy backs), well they piggy back your ecu, and chenge the sensor parameters so that your ecu changes the air fuel ratio mainly. sometimes they will increase the red line as well. do some research on different kinds start with what jspek said, research the safc2, see if that is what you want...if so look for a good deal and get it.

jspek - i haven't heard about this no no buisness you speak of with the vafc for our years, what did i miss?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
so get a piggy back type system will help find power to the wheel...sounds great...is it hard install
Thanks guys

·
Premium Member
Civic turbo Hx/Ex
18,622 Posts
Its not hard, the hardest part is finding the right wires. I would suguest getting a Haynes/Helms manuel for your car and learn how to read the wiring section.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
alright...any others i might need for this...or anything that will help hp grow under 200

·
Registered
29 Posts
custom_junky said:
the vafc does exactly what jspek just said. and i was dumb and forgot you don't have vtec. so a safc is what you would need, if you want it. otherwise the piggy backs (and the safc, vafc, etc. are piggy backs), well they piggy back your ecu, and chenge the sensor parameters so that your ecu changes the air fuel ratio mainly. sometimes they will increase the red line as well. do some research on different kinds start with what jspek said, research the safc2, see if that is what you want...if so look for a good deal and get it.

jspek - i haven't heard about this no no buisness you speak of with the vafc for our years, what did i miss?
Lot of the peeps over on 7thgen that have dyno'd there cars with the vafc2 have found that you get the best results with the vtec set at stock settings, I dont remember the actual reason but its works for me.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts