8K views 172 replies 137 participants last post by  sick1camcivic 
#1 ·
i have a manual...

#2 ·
i wont own anything thats not a stick.

#6 ·
i could own a automatic truck... but thats it

#8 ·
a nice car for me would be a vette or a ferarri (sp) and it would still be a stick

#12 ·
I own 4 Honda's. All five gear. The only auto that I would consider driving with be a 65 chevyII with big slicks, about 600 hp and a glide!

#16 ·
mine an auto, And im to lazy to convert it. So it will always be a auto and will always be with me cause ive tried selling it and know on wants a primer black hatch with a auto tranny. Im thinking about turboing it to.............Why the hell not. And mine doesnt shift smooth at all it has a susprisely "solid" shift And will actually brak second sometimes.

#18 ·
my car is auto but i recommend stick for going top rpm range. honda automatics aren't as bad as many think. the only thing u need to worry about is the transmission fluid, if isn't changed then it causes slipping, grinding or even hard shifting. i got a 50-shot zex kit installed 8 months ago and the mechanic said the setup was safe and really good for my auto and was worth the install. i blow up and scare off certain cars that are manual sometimes, pretty fun but a fully built swap thats manual will for sure burn a boosted auto. in other words auto is safe for boost.

#19 ·
Well i look at it like this. My car is paid for i bought it 5 years ago and it was mint $3000. I could swap to a manual and a b-searies But the down side to that is for me its not worth it for the power im aiming for. Lets see to swap to manual and get a B it would probly run me somewhere around $2000-2500
I just bought a rebuilt zc vtec $500 and a d15b vtec tranny $200. So theres $700 and my motor is fresh. I could/am do a HMT 14B kit for like $200-$300 well maybe cheaper considering i got the turbo and STD mani for free.
So $900 im my d build (aiming for 175-200whp)
VS $2000-2500

So there you have it folks it kinda a no brainer

#20 ·
Well i look at it like this. My car is paid for i bought it 5 years ago and it was mint $3000. I could swap to a manual and a b-searies But the down side to that is for me its not worth it for the power im aiming for. Lets see to swap to manual and get a B it would probly run me somewhere around $2000-2500
I just bought a rebuilt zc vtec $500 and a d15b vtec tranny $200. So theres $700 and my motor is fresh. I could/am do a HMT 14B kit for like $200-$300 well maybe cheaper considering i got the turbo and STD mani for free.
So $900 im my d build (aiming for 175-200whp)
VS $2000-2500

So there you have it folks it kinda a no brainer
although its a no-brainer cost-wise, you will never get the satisfaction of a perfect shift and the joy of a well-timed downshift. imo, manuals are just way more fun to drive!

#24 ·
mine used to be auto. i only bought because the wife couldnt drive a 5 speed and it was suppose to be the family car. lol so when the family out grew the civic i converted it to stick. let me tell you its like a completly diffrent car. much more fun to drive. so for me i will never buy an auto honda ever again.

#30 ·
My car spent its first 3 years in my possession as an auto but now its just a half manual mutant. Just gotta slap in the tranny and the sol will be a 5speeder.

STICK OWNS AUTO

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.