Honda D Series Forum banner

polishing wheels fast

6K views 21 replies 19 participants last post by  Si one 
#1 ·
Hi guys i was polishing up my fat fives. During the process I tried different ways to cut down the time and effort it takes to get them to shine I think this will help some members in the future save their arms and time.

So basically this will work great on mag style aluminum wheels or flatter surfaced wheels. This was the cheapest and fastest way, you can get small packs of the velcro sanding disks for 5$ for 25 3in disc. So

180 grit 5$
320 grit 5$
600 grit 5$
1000 grit wet/dry 3m 4$
3000 grit polish pad 6$
orbital 3 in sander 23$ after your hondatuning 20% harbor freight coupon
mothers mag aluminum polish 10$
buffing ball 10$

So 70$ once you figure some rags. This setup seem to only take me about 2 hours. So about 8 hours a good days work you'll have nice shinny wheels for cheap.

Sorry my phones memory filled up during the video and didn't realize how long it was off so I re-shoot the middle part.

"recap of lost video"
" resume first video"

Hopefully you found the video and info helpful. Now you can go on Craigslist get some cheap wheels and get them looking great for $70 and enjoy yours savings.

See less See more
3 2
#3 · (Edited)
Wow! Bling bling! Every time I come around your city, bling bling!

You did a great job!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#11 ·
gt mallet stem (bmx), polished by hand. started with 100 grit upwards to 2000 grit.

need to wait until the weekend so i can get a 3k grit sandpaper and finish this. but so far, so good. pic doesn't make justice.

#15 ·
Sweet work! Maybe I will try this on my slips as well. Rep!

#17 ·
nice man... good job :TU:

i have that same angle buffer from HF... i love it...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.