Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Iv seen a bizillion d & b valve covers painted in awesome colors and it can really set off your underhood looks.what very few do is polish valve covers , intake manis , brackets , any metal parts you wish.its very inexpensive as you only need sandpaper , a drill /dremel tool, polishing compound and your off and running.start by
Degreasing part
Sand down to bare metal with 320 grit (a palm sander saves time)
Move onto sanding with 400-600-1500-200
Use a felt polishing drill bit attatchment and as its spinning add polishing compound.
Spend as much time until desired shine is achieved
In my experience i then use wax like you would on your paint to seal it from corrosion and road grime
Best part is , it looks like chrome but wont peel, rust or flake wich wouldrequire re chromedipping.itbecomesan ez maintenance item .rebuff with drill and felt bit a cpl times a year and you have a far more unique under hood look.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree its a pain in the ass but if you do it properly its uniform .i dont think my last two turbos looked like i couldnt afford chrome , i just wanted a polished look without chrome holding heat in.and people definetly do it lol.but defunetly a funmod for someone who doesnt wanna throw cash at the car to have some time in the garage bettering their ride.i think evereyone knows you cant afford an expensive performance car when your rocking a 20 yr old econo box..
"Theres a guy with alot of money driving that tricked out honda civic " ... Said NO ONE EVER..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts