Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
They call me Awesome!
4,447 Posts
Thank you! For not making this about RACE!

Police Brutality is on the rise and it's not just against black, whites, hispanics, etc...

I don't normally trumpet anything infowars.com has to say but yes it's getting OUT OF CONTROL!

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
While some Americans seem to think its racism alone that causes this violence...I dont believe the news. Race plays in the stories they run, so we get angry and tune in more. Violence happens across the board, I have had my run-ins, a couple times my bad, some I was just in the right place wrong time.

Edit: those two paragraphs didn't relate to my point, took them out. Proof reading does wonders.

People are and become police officers, and are not perfect. I ask though, can we train them better? What if they got randomly attacked in training, old school ninja and bushido style. Once they could adequately defend them selves they get to start police training. I feel this could aid in one on one combat scenarios.

My teacher told me, "once I teach you to fight, you will no longer need to". I avoid them before they happen, and the few times I had been too far in to avoid it I talk my way out 99% of the time. I have my children and life to think about, in my youth I had no future so fighting was normal. I feel like this along with more regimented not pussy training would keep these guys from popping in an extreme stress situation as they have faced them in training.

Eh, what do I know, training is just where my brain is going here, not race relations, or money/class issues. Those are present but we need to fix the bridge before we can cross to the other side. That means smart healthy engineers, which means well trained professionals building this bridge.

·
MuthaFuckaUppa
2009 Civic Si Sedan
528 Posts
There are a lot of good cops out there. I would just say keep up on your knowledge of the laws in your area, and play nice.

Ferguson, if you reach for an officers gun your a major dumb ass. Then to charge the officer after being shot is mistake number two.
New York, the officers were a bit rough but they can not tell if you have a medical condition. I am surprised they did not get manslaughter on that one.

Cops have to deal with complete shit of the world. Do a ride along if you can, it will open your eyes.

·
Meat Popsicle
91 CRX Si
2,931 Posts
I watched about half that video before I realized that it's primarily biased against police officers.

Yes, I agree that some of those officers abused their power and used intimidation tactics (especially against the younger people) but I also see several cases where the individual was fighting, resisting, or otherwise not complying to direct and lawful orders.

Sure, there's always going to be some jaded cop who hates his job, his kids don't respect him, his wife fucked the neighbor, and he has a bad outlook on life in general. Or you'll have the kid who was bullied his entire life who grew up to be a cop and is subconsciously getting revenge by using excessive force. I really do believe that a good majority of police officers are overall good people though.

The ferguson thing is retarded. Anyone who argues that point is an idiot, plain and simple.

The new york thing, that's a legitimate cause for concern and is what needs to be addressed.

The thing that I keep asking myself though is how do we fix that? How do you mandate more accountability and ensure that swift and severe punishments are handed down to officers who abuse their power?

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Well I would hardly say it's Biased against police officers, It is called police brutality, and I don't believe that is proper use for the term BIAS, as the entire argument, or the idea of it is biased. Highlighting key events that show the criminal activities of a publicly hired group is not biased. Or else wouldn't you say that all judges and otherwise political parties are biased towards themselves?

Ipicked that video because it was edited fairly well and superior to homemade compilation of clips, and relatable to many current issues and portrays the experiences with the police that are becoming more common. I'll add a different video, not related to infowars, but it's the same point, just wanted to throw up some media to spark conversation.

You could say my interests would be biased as I am a street racer, but I don't see how evidence can be biased, especially when I'm referencing something that is the minority of the case. It must be collected and concentrated to see the true effects it causes.

And I know plenty of white people getting the shit getting kicked out of them for the revenge and anger of the officer, it's an uncontrolled power problem, in my eyes.

Not necessarily Race, I just think it is easier to take out aggression on the poorer, less resistant populations, usually of darker skin tone. Correlation=/=Causation

I am capable of dealing with the authorities professionally and have no personal issues, that all being said.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
My ex wife had a cousin that was a state cop in Tennessee. He walked up to a car he pulled over for speeding and was promptly shot in the face and killed. I don't agree with police brutality but in their line of work they can die at any moment. If you put yourself in their shoes, you see the world in a totally different way.

·
Registered
ej8
6,365 Posts
These videos are old but police do this kind of crap all the time.
They get all hype up and power drunk and think they can do whatever.

There is tons of times where cops have strip away someones rights.
I do truly believe that they should be shot in the face when they do shit like this.

Or else they just get a paid vacation.

My ex wife had a cousin that was a state cop in Tennessee. He walked up to a car he pulled over for speeding and was promptly shot in the face and killed. I don't agree with police brutality but in their line of work they can die at any moment. If you put yourself in their shoes, you see the world in a totally different way.
Now that is something different.
He didnt need to get shot. Thats a routine stop. Sorry that happen. He was probably one of the good cops.
Its the other ones that suck and need to be handle.
And yes there are some very stupid people out there.
But my comments are towards the people who have done nothing and have gotten throw out cars, beaten, pepper spray, etc.. for no reason.

·
Banned
47 Posts
I don't like cops period, during a traffic stop I give them my insurance and license and all I say is write me my ticket.. that's it not another word from me... I did get the whole fucking I smell weed bullshit but that's beside the point... and its really sad when the person who is recording them the cops try to make up some bullshit charge against them

·
endo_bobo
1998 Civic Sedan
877 Posts
I think the race baiters are a real concern cause you have supposed high ranking organizers always saying the "Man" is out to get you and need to stand up. I didn't like him but the days of MLK are gone. The civil rights activists out there now days are only lining their own pockets while looking like they are trying to further their race. Jumping on any media event while yelling "See see the white man is keeping us down."
Anyone hear of the two blacks walking up to porch and putting rounds through it and killing white a five year old girl. It was a gang initiation thing but there were no riots or protests about that.

Stop listening to all the hate mongers and look at facts. Hard to put into words but if you do something wrong, expect a response according to the law. I don't personally like the African culture(Continent or thuglife) what have you but like the gays, I don't care what you do. I won't pay attention to what i don't like just don't push it in my face all the time.

If that makes sense.

EDIT* I have never had one problem with cops. Granted I'm white and it's always a speeding ticket or something. I respect the cop and I'll get a ticket or not. Nothing will be solved on the roadside so there is no need to argue with him there. I have told cops (granted one time so far) i have guns and stuff and have not had a single problem. Don't be confrontational because like i said, nothing will be done on the roadside.

·
Registered
88 Posts
My friend was dumb and got drunk at a bar while he was carrying. Cops came out because someone saw the gun. He ran his mouth in the back of the cop car, so the cops stop at a prescient and a couple of cops come out and they beat him up before they took him to jail. I stay out of trouble so I don't have any hate towards cops, but some think they are above the law and can do as they please. It's law enforcement not break laws cus I can.

·
Registered
ej8
6,365 Posts
I think the race baiters are a real concern cause you have supposed high ranking organizers always saying the "Man" is out to get you and need to stand up. I didn't like him but the days of MLK are gone. The civil rights activists out there now days are only lining their own pockets while looking like they are trying to further their race. Jumping on any media event while yelling "See see the white man is keeping us down."
Anyone hear of the two blacks walking up to porch and putting rounds through it and killing white a five year old girl. It was a gang initiation thing but there were no riots or protests about that.

Stop listening to all the hate mongers and look at facts. Hard to put into words but if you do something wrong, expect a response according to the law. I don't personally like the African culture(Continent or thuglife) what have you but like the gays, I don't care what you do. I won't pay attention to what i don't like just don't push it in my face all the time.

If that makes sense.

EDIT* I have never had one problem with cops. Granted I'm white and it's always a speeding ticket or something. I respect the cop and I'll get a ticket or not. Nothing will be solved on the roadside so there is no need to argue with him there. I have told cops (granted one time so far) i have guns and stuff and have not had a single problem. Don't be confrontational because like i said, nothing will be done on the roadside.
Gotta correct you on that...
Not all black people are in the thuglife attitude. I have seen ever race in this "thuglife".
And when you say something like that. That just makes your racist.
It shouldnt matter what someone skin color is.

Now i have seen white cops pick on black people.
I seen black cops pick on white people.
I have seen cops of all color do there jobs and not pick on anyone.
Also seen all color cops pick on anyone.

I have been picked on by a white cop before and to tell the truth he was a few steps from getting his throat slit. I dont know if it was a race thing or if he was doing it because i drove a honda. Either way i had more then one run in with him which never should of happen but as said he was picking on me.

Had some white cops pull me for no reason at all. Run my information, find nothing and let me go, without a reason of why they pulled me over.

Then i have had some white cops pull me over, and everything is normal.

In the end, some people are just racist and when your in power and racists that makes a big problem.

And people tend to fuss more when its a racists cop.
Probably more when its a white cop vs black person. VS black cop vs white person.

But to end on the race wars. We all gotta stop this shit. We are all humans which makes us the same, we all bleed when cut and feel pain when hurt.
color of skin doesnt determine attitude or personality of the person.

·
Registered
88 Posts
You are right not all black people are the black monoculture, there are the Russell Wilsons, Ben Carson and Carlton types. Every race has the same type of person rich successful down to dirt poor and can't spell their names. It's just that a higher % of black people seem to fall into the trouble category. I don't think it's racist.

·
Well.......
2,488 Posts
The think the population of dumbasses are on the rise, thus leading to such things.
I have to agree with this. Each and everyday society is getting worse, being racial, mentality, egotistical, etc.

Gotta correct you on that...
Not all black people are in the thuglife attitude. I have seen ever race in this "thuglife".
And when you say something like that. That just makes your racist.
It shouldnt matter what someone skin color is.
Being the internet things can get lost and taken out of context fairly easy.

Now the way I read his post, and the bold part you did, I think he was mean like the actual culture. Just like folks dont like the American culture. I dont like the culture Aghans have does that make me racist toward all Afghans and Muslims nope. How ever the "thug life" extends beyond blacks, into Hispanics, white folks, etc. How ever the "thug life" does come from the the "new age gangster" which really started somewhere in the 80s/90s (thanks Dr Dre, Ice Cube, and Tupac and all the rap artist during that time frame till now).

There has always been gangsters (look at the early 1900s) but they have evolved over the past century.

People have the ability to change their life's, some do, some dont, some still think they are owed something.

·
Registered
same
1,881 Posts
Ha ha ha

Attachments

·
Registered
911 Posts
I don't think it's on the rise I just think it's getting more in the media with everyone having smartphones.

I personally know some cops that are some of the best people in the world and I also know some who are the absolute biggest pieces of shit. Like anything you're gonna have a mix.

kinda off topic but still applies the best live show I went to this year was a Being As An Ocean one and one of their song has something really meaningful that applies to this issue

"It's up to us to hold each others' dignity
Recognize we've chosen the wrong enemy
Hate, ignorance, and inhumanity are what we should be battling
Now's the time for knowledge
Now's the time for Truth
Humanity has already suffered so much abuse
We must take responsibility, and do away with apathy
Unlearn society's teachings
To be blind and selfish
Because what you must learn
Is that the problem is us

"

·
Registered
240 Posts
People are human. Everyone has a breaking point and officers sure have theirs'. Most on the outside are so quick to jump to race or play the brutality card. What about the events leading to the one officer snapping. What did that person say or do to cause that officer to break? When adrenaline is high, your fuse is short. Most of these videos are edited for a certain view point and are working a certain angle. What's the whole story? Just like any "hard gangsta thug" won't take guff from anyone, I think that same person who runs their mouth off to an officer, resists an arrest, should be thrown to the ground and handcuffed. White, black, Asian, Mexican, Indian, green, purple.... I don't care what color you are. You should respect the officer and their position. If you want to act like a "hard thug" you should be treated like one.

That being said, do I agree with this, no. Do I think your basic human rights should be abused and taken advantage of? I certainly do not. I believe that everyone needs to be held accountable for their actions and the real brutality needs to be minimized. Whether that comes from more training, legal action, whatever.

There are too many angles to touch on this. At the end of the day, the police have a job and WE (yes, every other person in this country) also have a job. The police uphold the law, and the citizens abide by the law. Whether you agree with it or not. This does not give you the right to be a complete ass to the officer who just pulled you over or the officer who is doing his duty. Whether it's "profiling" or whatever, it's your duty to avoid it on the front line before it starts. Don't encourage it as it's not the place and you will not see the checks and balances of our legal system take place there. The only thing you will get is true human nature and it doesn't take much to break it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts