Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
97 civic hatch
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a D16Y7 and i was told that if I did the Two wire conversion and put a OBDII to OBDI i could throw in a stock PO6 and it should run it like normal. then i was told that i have to chip it and tune it for a Y7 please somebody help. Pretty much what i have been told is that the PO6 is the Same as a Y7 ECU but it is OBDI can somebody please elaborate on this.

·
Registered
248 Posts
u have to redo the ECU for smaller injectors and yes when u go to OBD-1 u can go to the 2 wire IACV or u can disable it in Crome and try to mess with timing and Fuel to get the idle to stay put, best bet is to invest in a OBD-1 conversion W/ Chipped ECU...

·
Registered
97 civic hatch
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i put in the 240cc injectors but just can't get the stupid thing to idle right.

·
Registered
248 Posts
if u did do the IACV conversion it must be the small runners could b messing with the way that it runs... try messing with a little fuel at idle, also retard the maps 4 degrees orsomething, chris would know on that one (Xenocron) cause i havnt messed with Y series timing maps...

·
Registered
97 civic hatch
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So far i switch the Y7 intake Manifold for the Y8 and did the Fuel Injectors to the 240cc, did the IACV conversion, and put in the OBDII to OBDI harness attacted to a PO6 that is running a PO6 basemap.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Is your iacv plugged in because if its wrong thats a problem. IACV=Idle air control valve. I got an understanding of how to tune in a week, just use pgmfi.org and xenocron.com for supplies/ only if you need them.

·
the MAD scientist
2,574 Posts
I have a D16Y7 and i was told that if I did the Two wire conversion and put a OBDII to OBDI i could throw in a stock PO6 and it should run it like normal............Pretty much what i have been told is that the PO6 is the Same as a Y7 ECU but it is OBDI .
This is not true. The fuel/timing maps from a p06 will not work on a Y7 engine.

then i was told that i have to chip it and tune it for a Y7
Yes but using P2E maps

·
Registered
225 Posts
Wat was your last IACV located? When i converted to the 2 wire i left my 3 wire on the throttle body which caused a huge vacuum leak and that might be the reason why your having problems keeping the idle, if this is wats wrong youll need to plug the holes on your throttle body somehow. I used JB weld idle problem was fixed.

·
Registered
97 civic hatch
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I put on an LS throttle Body, took the LS IACV and put it on the Y8 intake manifold. i will talk to a guy that chips ECU and see if he can make me a Basemap for a Y7. Thanks i will let you know how it goes.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts