Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i own an dohc zc crx with a pm7 ecu so i want to pun the spoon sports chip on it?is it going to work?does it worth the 100 bucks?will i be able to mount the old chip if it doesn't work?will i get 10 hp?

·
Registered
248 Posts
OMG... sorry man but no, get a chip burner and BRE and go to town, the Spoon chips suck end of story, they r fakes.. but yes u can mount ur old chip if it doesnt work..

·
Registered
873 Posts
Hi i own an dohc zc crx with a pm7 ecu so i want to pun the spoon sports chip on it?is it going to work?does it worth the 100 bucks?will i be able to mount the old chip if it doesn't work?will i get 10 hp?
I'd spend my 100 bucks on a custom chip from one of the experienced members of this forum if I were you. Contact Ubertuned and give him the specs of your setup (yeah, even IF it's stock and you just want some tweaks on the ignition/fuel maps, rev limit, launch control and the like)

As far as I remember, the closest Spoon went out of their way to make a D-series tune program was when they made "Sport Tune" computer boxes for the JDM D15B engine, and this ecu was specific for EG8 & EG4 models.

If you're unlucky, you might end up getting those "pirated" chips that contain nothing more than fuel dump maps,dangerously advanced timing tables and sky's the rev limit. They come in all names.. spoon chip, skunk2 chip, mugen chip, RPT chip, feels chip, tracy sports chip... - just to name a few.
Another worse case scenario is that this chip could be copied from spoon's B-series programs having a 9,500 to 10,000 rpm revlimit, sometimes with no rev limit at all.

CAVEAT EMPTOR.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
All those ebay chips are junk, they say they are spoon, skunk2, mugen etc. It is all the same shit that makes you run real rich and plays with the timing. Get it chipped with crome or uber and make sure that who ever does it knows what they are doing...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts