Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
ef7 crx
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any companies still producing forged pistons intended for DOCH ZC / D16a8/9?

I'd like a forged piston with a ZC deck to piston height and a dome of 7cc if possible but finding one is proving to be a problem.

I have found plenty of high compression D16a6 pistons that come close but they have a different piston to deck height and a 4.3cc dome

I dont mind if I have to use a D16a6 piston i just want to end up with a comprssion ratio close to the original 9.5 the ZC's have.

(An 11:1cr piston for a d16a6 results in 9.44cr in a DOHC ZC because of the different head cc volume)

Anyone running forgies in their ZC?

·
Registered
ef7 crx
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Volitech said:

Legend, I've sent them off some data so I'll be interested so see what they come back with price-wise.
Are you running a set?

·
Registered
429 Posts
I'm in the process of build a zc with Low N/A endyne roller wave pistons .020 over...
If you click here you can see some pics of my build....

·
Registered
ef7 crx
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
got this back, pretty fast responce....

Mike,
We make a forced induction piston expressly for the ZC that net's right at 9.1-1 with no head milling. This piston is not listed on in our piston section on the web site.
The pistons are $485.00 with pins and retaining clips. Rings are $78.00 for the engine set.
Larry

It works out to NZ$798 not including postage.
Fairly pricy but could be the go.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts