Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
wtf? read above
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there any difference in the 88-89s and the 90-91s? do i need a specific harness?

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
if you mean just the motor, then no there arent any differences. there is a differnece in ecu between the years though. nothing major, just a little bit higher rev limit in the 90-91 and a little bit different fuel/timing curves to account for the extra 3hp

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
ryan89crx said:
if you mean just the motor, then no there arent any differences. there is a differnece in ecu between the years though. nothing major, just a little bit higher rev limit in the 90-91 and a little bit different fuel/timing curves to account for the extra 3hp
Also to add on that, they are chippable 90-91 :)

·
Registered
951 Posts
I have a chipped 88/89 and 90/91 ecu. The 90+ ecu has a blue zif socket, but the 88/89 needs a daughter board and more wires soldered on to chip it.

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
DontSaveHer said:
I have a chipped 88/89 and 90/91 ecu. The 90+ ecu has a blue zif socket, but the 88/89 needs a daughter board and more wires soldered on to chip it.
That is exactly why everyone likes to chip 90-91 not older ones..

·
Registered
wtf? read above
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
does the blue ink next to the bar code represent the date it was made?

·
Registered
wtf? read above
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
f00ker said:
88/89 wire harness' are not the same as the 90/91 in my experience.
i know the 90-91 is a bit sportier, so im trying to get all the right parts. how can i tell if its a 90-91 harness?

·
D-Series Destruction Master
6,710 Posts
88ED3 said:
i know the 90-91 is a bit sportier, so im trying to get all the right parts. how can i tell if its a 90-91 harness?
dont worry about that, just get any SI harness, so you can use the plugs off of it.

You'll be using your original harness, and modifying it with SI plugs and you will add 4 new wires to the harness.

·
Registered
951 Posts
the dashboard harness and guages are diff in 88/89 and 90/91

I woudl think the engine harness are the same becouse the ecus are swapable.

·
Registered
wtf? read above
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
does ebay overprice their harnesses? whatd be a good price?

·
Registered
951 Posts
Yea obd0 harnesses go for high dallors on ebay like 100-150. I got mine from the junkyard for 17 dallors and sold it on ebay for over 100. I dont see why they sell so high becouse you cant put a si harnes on a std car becouse the incar harness is different. All you need is the distributor plugs, injector plugs,and injector resistor box plug off the si harness to rewire the one thats in the car.

·
Registered
wtf? read above
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ahh i see. well im getting all of that so i guess im good. you jsut listed everything id need? in lakeland, there is 1 junkyard and its run buy some rich racers. so they know the importance of stuff. they want like $600 for a b2 L-O-N-G-B-L-O-C-K!!! i said..."ha!" and walked off......the junkyard is not an option. tampa and orlando junkyards are stripped too. so ebay is my main option. i use TampaRacing.com to buy stuff too, but its a bitch working when people are sleeping and vice versa.

·
Registered
wtf? read above
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i dont have a harness that my car cam with to begin with.
im pretty much buying one, lol.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts