Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
CGP EJ*
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay yesterday, my friend bought a 91 ed hatch. The guy pretty much didn't know what motor it had in it, he said it was a JDM D16y5. Anyways my friend went ahead and bought it because it had a set of D2 coilovers on it and seemed to be in okay condition. So after I got to looking at it it has a Y8 p2j head on it and IM. The vtec is activated through a MSD RPM switch.

I would like to help him get rid of all of that. Also it is still running an injector resistor box and the fuel harness is hooked to a separate round plug at the pass. firewall. I'm not sure which steps to take at getting this all fixed up the right way. This is the reason that I never buy a built car unless I know it was done right. Most of the wireing looks okay but it also looks like a rats nest.

The ecu that is running the car looks to be a stock PM6 so should we just chip that with vtec and run a p2p map? Or what other options do we have?

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
i would convert it to OBD1, or you can use the PM6 and chip it, with maybe an AC clutch relay to activate vtec (configurable via TE or what have you)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts