Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Boost Gets You Laid
Del Sol
4,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In light of picking up my 88 CRX DX, I found quite a few parts stuffed in the back.

Dude had pretty much everything to convert the crap DPFI to MPFI. There's a harness, PM6, intake mani and what not.

After I do the MPFI swap, would the PM6 manage a d16y7? Or am I better off buying a manual po6 and jumper harness?

Motor is pretty much stock. I'm reading up on crome and a few other programs as I'm looking to do light boost this summer but that's another subject:).

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Well the d16y7 is a obd2a-b and ur ECU is obd0 if im correct. so if you get the conversion harnbess you should be okay. DOnt take my word for it. I would use the PO6 because obd1 and obd2 are intercheangable. OBD0 is not. Its complicated but its possible.

·
Boost Gets You Laid
Del Sol
4,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well the d16y7 is a obd2a-b and ur ECU is obd0 if im correct. so if you get the conversion harnbess you should be okay. DOnt take my word for it. I would use the PO6 because obd1 and obd2 are intercheangable. OBD0 is not. Its complicated but its possible.
From my understanding I have to do the MPFI conversion since I have a DX and it has DPFI.

After that I have to either A.) Use the obd-0 diztributor or B.) Get the OBD-1 -> OBD-0 distributor conversion thing.

My main concern is with the fuel maps of the pm6 vs a p06/p28

·
Registered
323 Posts
I have an 89 4 door Lx. I did the mpfi swap with the pm6 ecu. Then dropped in a d16y7 i got cheap. It runs great and ALOT more power then the old Dpfi. I used a 89 Si dizzy and grinded it to fit the y7. Im used the z6 IM and y8 TB and made a plate to block the iacv on the TB and used the one on the z6 IM. Also used the y8 map sensor on the TB. I have had zero problems with this setup

·
Boost Gets You Laid
Del Sol
4,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have an 89 4 door Lx. I did the mpfi swap with the pm6 ecu. Then dropped in a d16y7 i got cheap. It runs great and ALOT more power then the old Dpfi. I used a 89 Si dizzy and grinded it to fit the y7. Im used the z6 IM and y8 TB and made a plate to block the iacv on the TB and used the one on the z6 IM. Also used the y8 map sensor on the TB. I have had zero problems with this setup
Uhh, what did you grind off the distributor to make it fit? lol

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
There you go bro, good luck to yah. I dont know if you are a member of pgmfi.org but you should be. They have tons of .bins for tuning.

·
Boost Gets You Laid
Del Sol
4,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
There you go bro, good luck to yah. I dont know if you are a member of pgmfi.org but you should be. They have tons of .bins for tuning.
yea I'm a member with 0 post lol.

I just go on there ans search, still didn't find out how to wire in with obd-1 injectors not using the injector resistor.

I guess just off the ecu pins to the injector, then the other wire goes to ground?

·
Registered
92 Hatch
433 Posts
I dont remeber what pins they were cause I did the MPFI swap about a year ago, I used the power wires from the DPFI injectors and split the power...1 power wire to 2 injectors...as long as it has 12 volts it will work the ECU controls the injectors through the ground side so it doesnt matter how the power is configured as long as it gets the power... and you can use any block, I just swap the sensors... I have a Z6 in my 90 hatch, no problems, running the A6 dizzy too, and I know what that guy is talking about grinding the dizzy, he means that he opened up the slots for the dizzy bolts so he has more adjustment, because the way it bolts you wont get timing right unless you open the slots up so you can get the correct timing...hope that helps some what

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.