Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER
10,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just realized this. well, I've always known since it just displays rich. but I have a semi-weird cold start issue and think it may be caused by a too rich of a mixture, but I can't even read afr's that low. forunetly you can datalog, cranking afr, well 500-1500 rpms. it would be nice to see them at lower rpms.

I'm in a rush to write this, If it doesn't make sense I'll edit it. but I'm curious if any of the other wbo2's read lower afr's??????

·
Registered
247 Posts
mine also goes down to 10.0:1

M250 + gauge

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
lean it out till it reads... you don't need it richer than 10:1... why would it matter exactly how much richer?? you already know its too rich

·
10,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
10:1 + is ideal for cold starting. I'm having issues with cold starting and it would be nice to see exactly what my afr was.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
what he's saying is slowly lean it out til you see it hit 10.5:1. then you know where you are at. i've heard too many issues with plx, that's why i love the simplicity and the total control over the LC-1. do you know if you can reprogram the scales? the lc-1 (and others) usually allow you to reprogram the scales to whatever you want them to be. some PLX models don't let you program your own scale but have preprogrammed scales 1-5 and you just choose which one you want.

-Luke

·
10,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
what he's saying is slowly lean it out til you see it hit 10.5:1. then you know where you are at. i've heard too many issues with plx, that's why i love the simplicity and the total control over the LC-1. do you know if you can reprogram the scales? the lc-1 (and others) usually allow you to reprogram the scales to whatever you want them to be. some PLX models don't let you program your own scale but have preprogrammed scales 1-5 and you just choose which one you want.

-Luke

Yeah, but the question is what exactly is the ideal afr for cold starting. leaning it out doesn't tell me anything though. I'd have to do the math to calculate what adjustment to the pulse width to get to the disered afr from 10.5:1. which is??????

ahhhh, I don't know anything about scaling. there wasn't nothing about that in the manual that came with the unit.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Yeah, but the question is what exactly is the ideal afr for cold starting. leaning it out doesn't tell me anything though. I'd have to do the math to calculate what adjustment to the pulse width to get to the disered afr from 10.5:1. which is??????

ahhhh, I don't know anything about scaling. there wasn't nothing about that in the manual that came with the unit.

1v=10
5v=20

thats how you set it up for hondata

never had a single issue with my plx, and for it to be any easier to use would be impossible. I know there will always be the innovative vs plx battle, but I personally will stick with the plx.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I really doubt honda go any richer than 13:1 for cold start....no reason for that!
Do you see a lot of oem car with black smoke out of the exhaust while cold starting?
Black smoke= richer than 12:1=shit load of hydrocarbon in the exhaust...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts