Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently bought PLX DM-200 OBDII with bunch of sensor units (SM-fluid pressure, SM-fluid temperature with two sensors and SM-AFR) which all together costs around $650.

This all for my EG Civc which is OBD1 of course. So every time I turn on DM-200 unit it checks for OBD2 port connection, then fails. PLX states it shouldn't check it on startup if not connected to OBD2 port and settings are configured right. So I provided video for them:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlFeI4LKykY

I contacted PLX support center to get help and resolve this issue. Now one thing I am really sure. They don't give a f*ck about customer service nor you are having issues with their products. It's been now few months they are "trying" to solve this. First ticket was created on 21th of October 2013.

I don't recommend any of PLX product to anyone, because if something goes wrong, you will be on your own. If someone knows these businessmen personally, please punch them in the face from me real hard, thanks.

·
Retired From Hondas
2,796 Posts
Can you return the stuff?

Theres other gauges that are designed to work together like Innovate"s lineup

Aint that some shit after 650 bucks!

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wish I could return everything I purchased from them. It's complicated because these products were ordered from three different shops and DM-200 gauge, which I guess is faulty, was purchased more than one year ago.

If I would be US resident I would visit them personally. :rl:

·
Live,love,laugh,be real
96' Accord Wagon
5,973 Posts
i bought my PLX OBDII Bluetooth adapter from Amazon...

Amazon has way better customer service, there sellers HAVE to follow a strict customer service plan or they will not be able to sell anything on Amazon... Sometimes the sellers go out of there way to help you...

just figured i would throw that out there for the future purchases...

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So you bought the wrong item and now pissed at your mistake?
To answer your sarcastic question- no I did not buy wrong item. And I am pissed about PLX worst customer service.

DM-200 OBDII gauge can be used for any car. If your car is OBDII then this gauge is capable of reading stock sensors and can be used as OBD2 scanner. I bought it because of ability to display few sensor readings at a time which is supported by separately sold Sensor Modules.

TO quote from their PLX "customer" service ticket last answer:
It seems unusual that the gauge would default to check OBD II connection if no sensors are being polled. I will have one of our engineers look into the issue.

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Who would knew- I got email from them a month ago and they said my tickets were lost in their system and they only read them now.
Anyway instead of what they wrote me earlier, now they said OBD2 unit is always checking if connected to OBD2 port.
I said that software update would be great to choose it as an option. I don't think they will ever make an update, but I gave it a chance.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts